Education and Outreach Working Group Teleconference

30 Oct 2013

See also: IRC log


Sharron, Shawn, Andrew, Jeanne, PaulSchantz, Wayne_Dick


<shawn> trackbot, start meeting

<trackbot> Date: 30 October 2013

<shawn> scrbe: Andrew

<Wayne> +1

<shawn> ATAG Overview: http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/atag.php

Sharron: suggests we revisit overview and at-a-glance

<shawn> ATAG at a Glance: http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/atag-glance

Sharron: and maybe others like 'selecting'

<Sharron> http://www.w3.org/WAI/impl/software.html

<shawn> wiki page for ATAG Overview comments: http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/wiki/ATAG_review#ATAG_Overview

<shawn> wiki page for ATAG at a Glance: http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/wiki/ATAG_review#ATAG_at_a_Glance

Shawn: sugegsts 'selecting' may not be useful in its current form - word be a significant work effort is we were to revise
... suggests Sharron check with Judy on history and potential issues
... may be more appropriate to remove to an archive status

Sharron: think we need some guidance on purchasing a tool

<Sharron> sharron to check with Judy about history.issues, and if the "Selecting" document should even remain live

Jeanne: would like to target implements and integrators

<Sharron> Jeanne: wants to target monster distibutors and local implementers, bang for the buck may come from creating accessible template

Jeanne: including template developers

<Sharron> Paul: UC primed to look for docs like this.The "Selecting" doc is needed or some kind of informaed buyers guide

Paul: having an informed 'buyers' guide would be incredibly useful in the higher education sector

Sharron: also a guide about accessible template requirements

Paul: VPATs are just a check - does it exist, rather than understanding what it might mean

Sharron: asks Paul to take a first look at 'selecting' re what is useful to retain, what;'s missing, what might need updating or ditching
... asks Wayne to look at 'at a glance'

Shawn: thinks 'at a glance' is pretty good
... thinks the 'overview' needs an 'elevator pitch' to help sell the story
... was updated in Sept, but good to take a fresh look in the light of promoting ATAG

<jeanne> http://www.w3.org/WAI/intro/atag-glance.php

Paul: which wiki page to store work on?

<Sharron> http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/wiki/Outreach_for_ATAG_2.0#Review_Existing_Support_Documents

<shawn> ATAG review page <http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/wiki/ATAG_review>

<shawn> has all pages

Shawn: suggests we all take a look at the 'overview' with fresh eyes

<Sharron> http://www.w3.org/WAI/EO/wiki/ATAG_review#ATAG_Overview

Sharron: will take a first pass at messages for the specific audiences for next week
... variations on the 'elevator pitch'

Jeanne: like the 'buyers guide' idea
... and looking forward to the 'elevator pitch'
... will try and get some of the working gp to start on template guideance
... looking forward to the outcomes

Sharron: lets meet weekly at this time for a while to check in and discuss progress

trackbot, end meeting

<jeanne> trackbot, end meeting

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013/10/30 23:44:10 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.138  of Date: 2013-04-25 13:59:11  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Succeeded: s/Sewpt/Sept/
No ScribeNick specified.  Guessing ScribeNick: Andrew
Inferring Scribes: Andrew

WARNING: No "Topic:" lines found.

Default Present: +1.512.487.aaaa, Sharron, Shawn, Andrew, Jeanne, PaulSchantz, Wayne_Dick
Present: Sharron Shawn Andrew Jeanne PaulSchantz Wayne_Dick
Found Date: 30 Oct 2013
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2013/10/30-eo-minutes.html
People with action items: 

WARNING: No "Topic: ..." lines found!  
Resulting HTML may have an empty (invalid) <ol>...</ol>.

Explanation: "Topic: ..." lines are used to indicate the start of 
new discussion topics or agenda items, such as:
<dbooth> Topic: Review of Amy's report

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]