W3C

HTML Weekly Teleconference

24 Oct 2013

Agenda

See also: IRC log

Attendees

Present
Sam, Plh, pladd, paulc_, Eliot, krisk, jaymunro, janina, glenn
Chair
Paul
Scribe
plh

Contents

  1. action items
  2. Items closing this week
  3. New calls
  4. Decisions
  5. Outstanding decisions
  6. TF reports
  7. Publications
  8. Other business
  9. Next week

action items

<trackbot> action-229 -- Paul Cotton to Check the status of the authoring spec -- due 2013-10-31 -- OPEN

<trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/229

Paul: waiting for input from Robin.
... trying to wondering if the generation is in place or not
... so an other week for the action

Items closing this week

Paul: 2
... CFC for HTML 5.1/Canvas L2 hearbeat

<paulc_> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Oct/0048.html

Paul: second one is Microdata as Note

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Oct/0050.html

scribe: both are closing today
... no negative response so far I think
... plan is to publish early next week

New calls

Paul: one
... due next week
... second attempt to approve the revised HTML A11Y TF work statement and decision procedures

<paulc_> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Oct/0082.html

Paul: we tried to do this once. PF rejected the procedures and now PF approved the revised version
... once this passes, the TF will havea new work statement and decision procedures

Decisions

Paul: none

Outstanding decisions

Paul: 2 CfC related to permissive CR exit criteria
... work is still ongoing by the editors

<paulc_> HTML5: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Oct/0008.html

<paulc_> Canvas CfC status: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Oct/0009.html

Paul: the a11y tf is likely to have a session related to status of a11y features
... in Canvas spec
... please join the a11y TF call next week

TF reports

Testing Task Force

<krisk> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-test-infra/2013OctDec/0045.html

Kris: met on Tuesday
... James is replacing a big dependency
... wptserve
... smaller lightweight server
... trying not to break things
... thanks to Robin, Canvas tests are fixedf
... they are all working now.

<krisk> http://w3c-test.org/web-platform-tests/master/2dcontext/drawing-images-to-the-canvas/2d.drawImage.9arg.destsize.html now works plus others!

Kris: some tests will be created for some parts of the canvas spec. should show up pretty soon.

Paul: regarding the upcoming f2f: session on testing and status from CR point of view
... will the TF have members in Shenzen to give us an update for html 5 and canvas spec?

Kris: will check.

Paul: on the canvas 2d one, are there any updated results?

Kris: yes, we do... produced 3 weeks ago.
... will look for the link
... will follow up by email

Paul: please, since we want to know the status of the a11y features

Janina: regarding longdesc tests, we'd like to have them there

<krisk> sure I can help or another person

Janina: if Kris or someone can help, that would be appreciated

plh: I gave some pointers to Mark yesterday

Accessibility Task Force

Janina: we can now show implementations for longdesc, we're done with testing.
... and we have a call for consensus on the responses to the comments
... closing on Monday
... so we feel we're ready to move forward
... we talked in the past about moving to CR
... conversation on this isn't done yet
... one point is to get more attention and get more implementers on board

Paul: the TF has to decide whether to get longdesc to REC as standalone or rolls it back into HTML5.0
... Plan 2014 didn't cover the case that you would do both
... so more discussion needed next week

Janina: yes, we're trying to balance it with the canvas discussion next week as well
... no decision from the TF yet
... I think we're about wrapped in the tweaks
... but we're pretty much from the task force perspective
... Steve wants to step down as co-facilitator for the a11y tf
... not enough time
... will continue as participation in the TF and editor
... but not a co-facilitator anymore
... Charles and myself will stay on board
... may be a need to add more in the future
... but not in a hurry
... Thank you to Steve for his effort

Paul: On behalf of the Team, WG Chairs and the A11Y TF we would like to thank Steve for his work over the last year as a co-facilitator for the A11Y TF.

Janina: and glad he'll stay around to work on the issues

Media Task Force

Paul: the MSE LC period closed on October 17
... small number of comments
... 8 outstanding bugs and 2 comments
... half of those are straight-forward
... the other half were allocated to folks
... it's possible that we get the bug count down to 0 by TPAC
... started to talk about CR exit criteria
... so CR for MSE is likely to happen in December
... on the EME front, hearbeat was published
... 15 outstanding bugs
... EME will meet next week

Publications

<paulc_> http://www.w3.org/blog/news/archives/3333

Paul: 3 specs published: EME, Polyglot, Ruby
... Ruby deals with lots of remaining bugs of HTML5
... Ruby was published under CC-BY

Other business

Paul: this is the time of the year to get confused about time

<paulc_> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-admin/2013Oct/0062.html

Paul: so for next week: same time for north america, one hour early for europe
... f2f planning and wiki agenda

<paulc_> http://www.w3.org/wiki/HTML/wg/2013-11-Agenda

Paul: ... please add your agenda requests there
... we'll run the meeting in unconference style
... one request for joint meeting with web perf
... will look into logistics with html a11y tf, indieUI conflicts
... please look at the agenda and add your item there

<krisk> Here is the link for canvas 2d http://dev.w3.org/html5/misc/canvas-implementation.html

<krisk> see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2013JulSep/0028.html

Kris: I thought Rik was going to update it
... Robin fixed the tests at least
... I can go and tweak it

<paulc_> Actual tests: http://w3c-test.org/web-platform-tests/master/2dcontext/

Paul: do we have latest results?

Kris: I'll figure this out

Next week

Paul: I'll chair next week again
... and Sam will do the week after
... any volunteer to scribe next week?

Kris: I can scribe

[adjourned]


Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.138 (CVS log)
$Date: 2013-10-28 17:29:13 $