IRC log of html-wg on 2013-10-24

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:02:46 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #html-wg
16:02:46 [RRSAgent]
logging to
16:02:48 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
16:02:48 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #html-wg
16:02:50 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be html_wg
16:02:50 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see HTML_WG()12:00PM already started
16:02:51 [trackbot]
Meeting: HTML Weekly Teleconference
16:02:51 [trackbot]
Date: 24 October 2013
16:03:00 [paulc_]
zakim, what is the code?
16:03:00 [Zakim]
the conference code is 4865 (tel:+1.617.761.6200, paulc_
16:03:10 [Eliot]
Eliot has joined #html-wg
16:03:14 [Zakim]
16:03:22 [Zakim]
16:03:26 [Zakim]
16:03:30 [Zakim]
16:03:37 [paulc_]
zakim, [Microsoft.a] is me
16:03:37 [Zakim]
+paulc_; got it
16:03:43 [Zakim]
16:03:49 [Eliot]
Zakim, Microsoft has me
16:03:49 [Zakim]
+Eliot; got it
16:03:52 [paulc_]
zakim, who is on the phone?
16:03:52 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Sam, Plh, [Microsoft], paulc_, pladd, [Microsoft.a]
16:03:52 [Zakim]
[Microsoft] has Eliot
16:04:02 [krisk]
zakim, [Microsoft] is krisk
16:04:04 [Zakim]
+krisk; got it
16:04:04 [Zakim]
16:04:16 [jaymunro]
zakim, microsoft has me
16:04:17 [Zakim]
+jaymunro; got it
16:04:23 [paulc_]
16:04:24 [Zakim]
16:04:35 [janina]
janina has joined #html-wg
16:04:36 [paulc_]
zakim, who is on the phone?
16:04:36 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Sam, Plh, krisk, paulc_, pladd, [Microsoft.a], [Microsoft], ??P2
16:04:38 [Zakim]
[Microsoft] has jaymunro
16:04:38 [Zakim]
krisk has Eliot
16:04:43 [janina]
zakim, who's on the phone?
16:04:43 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Sam, Plh, krisk, paulc_, pladd, [Microsoft.a], [Microsoft], ??P2
16:04:44 [plh]
scribe: plh
16:04:46 [Zakim]
[Microsoft] has jaymunro
16:04:46 [Zakim]
krisk has Eliot
16:05:03 [plh]
agenda+ action items
16:05:05 [janina]
zakim, ??P2 is me
16:05:05 [Zakim]
+janina; got it
16:05:10 [plh]
angeda+ Items closing this week
16:05:11 [Zakim]
16:05:15 [plh]
agenda+ Items closing this week
16:05:20 [tantek]
tantek has joined #html-wg
16:05:23 [plh]
agenda+ New calls
16:05:35 [plh]
agenda+ Outstanding decisions
16:05:44 [plh]
agenda+ TF reports
16:05:53 [plh]
agenda+ Publications
16:05:54 [plh]
zakim, move to next agendum
16:05:54 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "action items" taken up [from plh]
16:06:00 [plh]
16:06:00 [trackbot]
action-229 -- Paul Cotton to Check the status of the authoring spec -- due 2013-10-31 -- OPEN
16:06:00 [trackbot]
16:06:25 [plh]
Paul: waiting for input from Robin.
16:06:32 [plh]
plh has changed the topic to: Agenda:
16:06:47 [plh]
Paul: trying to wondering if the generation is in place or not
16:06:55 [plh]
... so an other week for the action
16:07:15 [plh]
zakim, move to next agendum
16:07:15 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "Items closing this week" taken up [from plh]
16:07:22 [plh]
Paul: 2
16:07:32 [plh]
... CFC for HTML 5.1/Canvas L2 hearbeat
16:07:38 [paulc_]
16:07:50 [plh]
... second one is Microdata as Note
16:07:55 [plh]
16:07:59 [plh]
... both are closing today
16:08:11 [plh]
... no negative response so far I think
16:08:20 [plh]
... plan is to publish early next week
16:08:24 [plh]
zakim, move to next agendum
16:08:24 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "New calls" taken up [from plh]
16:08:28 [jernoble]
jernoble has joined #html-wg
16:08:30 [plh]
Paul: one
16:08:33 [plh]
... due next week
16:08:44 [plh]
... second attempt to approve the revised HTML A11Y TF work statement and decision procedures
16:08:46 [paulc_]
16:09:14 [plh]
... we tried to do this once. PF rejected the procedures and now PF approved the revised version
16:09:32 [plh]
... once this passes, the TF will havea new work statement and decision procedures
16:09:36 [plh]
Topic: Decisions
16:09:38 [plh]
Paul: none
16:09:41 [plh]
zakim, move to next agendum
16:09:41 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "Outstanding decisions" taken up [from plh]
16:10:02 [plh]
Paul: 2 CfC related to permissive CR exit criteria
16:10:13 [plh]
... work is still ongoing by the editors
16:10:29 [plh]
agenda+ Other business
16:10:31 [paulc_]
16:10:53 [paulc_]
Canvas CfC status:
16:11:16 [plh]
Paul: the a11y tf is likely to have a session related to status of a11y features
16:11:19 [plh]
... in Canvas spec
16:11:36 [plh]
... please join the a11y TF call next week
16:11:40 [plh]
zakim, move to next agendum
16:11:40 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "TF reports" taken up [from plh]
16:11:49 [plh]
Testing Task Force
16:12:19 [krisk]
16:12:20 [plh]
Kris: met on Tuesday
16:12:38 [plh]
... James is replacing a big dependency
16:12:40 [plh]
... wptserve
16:12:45 [plh]
... smaller lightweight server
16:12:55 [plh]
... trying not to break things
16:13:02 [plh]
... thanks to Robin, Canvas tests are fixedf
16:13:07 [plh]
... they are all working now.
16:13:12 [krisk] now works plus others!
16:13:37 [plh]
... some tests will be created for some parts of the canvas spec. should show up pretty soon.
16:14:02 [plh]
Paul: regarding the upcoming f2f: session on testing and status from CR point of view
16:14:25 [plh]
... will the TF have members in Shenzen to give us an update for html 5 and canvas spec?
16:14:36 [plh]
Kris: will check.
16:15:06 [plh]
Paul: on the canvas 2d one, are there any updated results?
16:15:22 [plh]
Kris: yes, we do... produced 3 weeks ago.
16:15:30 [plh]
... will look for the link
16:15:42 [plh]
... will follow up by email
16:16:07 [plh]
Paul: please, since we want to know the status of the a11y features
16:16:28 [plh]
Accessibility Task Force
16:17:02 [plh]
Janina: regarding longdesc tests, we'd like to have them there
16:17:18 [krisk]
sure I can help or another person
16:17:19 [plh]
... if Kris or someone can help, that would be appreciated
16:17:42 [plh]
plh: I gave some pointers to Mark yesterday
16:17:56 [plh]
Janina: we can now show implementations for longdesc, we're done with testing.
16:18:13 [plh]
... and we have a call for consensus on the responses to the comments
16:18:15 [plh]
... closing on Monday
16:18:23 [plh]
... so we feel we're ready to move forward
16:18:44 [plh]
... we talked in the past about moving to CR
16:18:59 [plh]
... conversation on this isn't done yet
16:19:25 [plh]
... one point is to get more attention and get more implementers on board
16:19:55 [plh]
Paul: the TF has to decide whether to get longdesc to REC as standalone or rolls it back into HTML5.0
16:20:16 [plh]
... Plan 2014 didn't cover the case that you would do both
16:20:24 [plh]
... so more discussion needed next week
16:20:44 [plh]
Janina: yes, we're trying to balance it with the canvas discussion next week as well
16:20:59 [plh]
... no decision from the TF yet
16:21:38 [plh]
... I think we're about wrapped in the tweaks
16:21:47 [plh]
... but we're pretty much from the task force perspective
16:22:47 [plh]
Janina: Steve wants to step down as co-facilitator for the a11y tf
16:22:51 [plh]
... not enough time
16:22:59 [tantek]
tantek has joined #html-wg
16:23:02 [plh]
... will continue as participation in the TF and editor
16:23:14 [plh]
... but not a co-facilitator anymore
16:23:19 [plh]
... Charles and myself will stay on board
16:23:27 [plh]
... may be a need to add more in the future
16:23:35 [plh]
... but not in a hurry
16:23:52 [plh]
... Thank you to Steve for his effort
16:23:58 [paulc_]
On behalf of the Team, WG Chairs and the A11Y TF we would like to thank Steve for his work over the last year as a co-facilitator for the A11Y TF.
16:24:00 [plh]
... and glad he'll stay around to work on the issues
16:24:13 [plh]
16:24:46 [plh]
Media Task Force
16:25:01 [plh]
Paul: the MSE LC period closed on October 17
16:25:04 [plh]
... small number of comments
16:25:09 [tantek_]
tantek_ has joined #html-wg
16:25:15 [plh]
... 8 outstanding bugs and 2 comments
16:25:27 [plh]
... half of those are straight-forward
16:25:36 [plh]
... the other half were allocated to folks
16:25:48 [plh]
... it's possible that we get the bug count down to 0 by TPAC
16:26:02 [plh]
... started to talk about CR exit criteria
16:26:12 [plh]
... so CR for MSE is likely to happen in December
16:26:23 [plh]
... on the EME front, hearbeat was published
16:26:29 [plh]
... 15 outstanding bugs
16:26:34 [plh]
... EME will meet next week
16:26:52 [plh]
zakim, move to next agendum
16:26:52 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Publications" taken up [from plh]
16:27:02 [paulc_]
16:27:15 [plh]
Paul: 3 specs published: EME, Polyglot, Ruby
16:27:43 [plh]
... Ruby deals with lots of remaining bugs of HTML5
16:27:49 [plh]
... Ruby was published under CC-BY
16:28:18 [plh]
zakim, move to next agendum
16:28:18 [Zakim]
agendum 7. "Other business" taken up [from plh]
16:28:31 [plh]
Paul: this is the time of the year to get confused about time
16:28:42 [paulc_]
16:28:51 [plh]
... so for next week: same time for north america, one hour early for europe
16:29:04 [plh]
Paul: f2f planning and wiki agenda
16:29:07 [paulc_]
16:29:43 [plh]
... ... please add your agenda requests there
16:29:51 [plh]
... we'll run the meeting in unconference style
16:30:14 [plh]
... one request for joint meeting with web perf
16:31:03 [plh]
... will look into logistics with html a11y tf, indieUI conflicts
16:31:15 [plh]
... please look at the agenda and add your item there
16:32:59 [krisk]
Here is the link for canvas 2d
16:33:25 [krisk]
16:33:57 [plh]
Kris: I thought Rik was going to update it
16:34:14 [plh]
... Robin fixed the tests at least
16:34:19 [plh]
... I can go and tweak it
16:34:27 [paulc_]
Actual tests:
16:34:48 [plh]
Paul: do we have latest results?
16:35:15 [plh]
Kris: I'll figure this out
16:35:44 [plh]
16:35:58 [plh]
Topic: Next week
16:36:04 [plh]
Paul: I'll chair next week again
16:36:11 [plh]
... and Sam will do the week after
16:36:28 [plh]
... any volunteer to scribe next week?
16:36:33 [plh]
Kris: I can scribe
16:36:49 [paulc_]
No one except IJ is as good as plh.
16:36:52 [plh]
16:37:17 [plh]
16:37:20 [paulc_]
rrsagent, generate the minutes
16:37:20 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate paulc_
16:37:46 [Zakim]
16:37:49 [Zakim]
16:37:50 [Zakim]
16:37:51 [Zakim]
16:37:52 [Zakim]
16:37:56 [Zakim]
16:38:00 [Zakim]
16:38:01 [Zakim]
16:39:11 [Zakim]
16:39:12 [Zakim]
HTML_WG()12:00PM has ended
16:39:12 [Zakim]
Attendees were Sam, Plh, pladd, paulc_, Eliot, krisk, jaymunro, janina, glenn
16:39:47 [plh]
rrsagent, generate minutes
16:39:47 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate plh
16:41:12 [janina]
janina has left #html-wg
16:55:11 [mjs]
mjs has joined #html-wg
16:59:04 [dveditz]
dveditz has joined #html-wg
16:59:13 [dveditz]
dveditz has left #html-wg
17:01:00 [malaclyps]
malaclyps has joined #html-wg
17:07:27 [sgalineau]
sgalineau has joined #html-wg
17:15:20 [cabanier]
cabanier has joined #html-wg
17:38:36 [Lachy]
Lachy has joined #html-wg
17:43:51 [[Beta]]
[Beta] has joined #html-wg
17:45:24 [stommepoes]
stommepoes has joined #html-wg
17:45:29 [malaclyps]
malaclyps has joined #html-wg
17:49:33 [kennyluck]
kennyluck has joined #html-wg
17:54:39 [kennyluck_]
kennyluck_ has joined #html-wg
18:23:09 [mjs]
mjs has joined #html-wg
18:29:13 [lgombos]
lgombos has joined #html-wg
18:57:03 [darobin]
darobin has joined #html-wg
19:08:49 [rubys]
rubys has joined #html-wg
19:22:04 [johndrinkwater]
johndrinkwater has joined #html-wg
19:31:12 [lgombos]
lgombos has joined #html-wg
19:50:41 [tinkster]
tinkster has joined #html-wg
21:00:51 [sgalineau]
sgalineau has joined #html-wg
21:01:17 [malaclyps]
malaclyps has joined #html-wg
21:37:32 [[Beta]]
[Beta] has joined #html-wg
21:38:43 [tobie]
tobie has joined #html-wg
21:41:55 [lgombos]
lgombos has joined #html-wg
22:13:44 [lgombos]
lgombos has joined #html-wg
22:19:02 [tobie]
tobie has joined #html-wg
22:19:41 [mkelly]
mkelly has joined #html-wg
22:23:42 [rubys]
rubys has joined #html-wg
22:24:38 [stommepoes]
stommepoes has left #html-wg
23:27:22 [gitbot]
gitbot has joined #html-wg
23:27:22 [gitbot]
01[13html01] 15erikadoyle pushed 1 new commit to 06master: 02
23:27:22 [gitbot]
13html/06master 14efbf692 15Erika Doyle Navara: [Bug 22326] Make the dir attribute use isolation instead of embedding. Fixes
23:27:22 [gitbot]
gitbot has left #html-wg
23:57:17 [malaclyps]
malaclyps has joined #html-wg