[Odrl-version2] Followup on Legal stuff about contracts

Renato Iannella renato at odrl.net
Wed Mar 8 15:41:21 EST 2006

Susanne - thanks for the update - great work.
I have some minor editing but will leave that to the end.

Here are some more substantive questions:

1 - Should we have a "Change History" as the table of contents says?
(or too many changes!)

2 - On the Model, Permission, Prohibition, and Duty all have a
"tradeable" attribute. What is this for?

3 - On the Model, the "inherit" association on the Asset entity
probably is best as an attribute now.

4 - In the Rights Class Model, where we say "the Request/Ticket (etc)
must contain an Asset" should we say "...must contain at least one
Asset" ?

5 - In the Permission Model, we should say that since the Permission
must contain ONE Action, that multiple Permissions are also allowed.
Also, we say that the Permission must also contain ONE Asset - can it
be multiple??

6 - The Duty Model scenario examples have Action/Measure/Value shown,
but we only talk about Action and "Object" in the normative text?

7 - Legal model - Alapan, need some text definitions here (thanks!)

8 - I think we need to add wording to clarify the situation when
there are both Permissions and Prohibitions in the expression (and
where there is a direct conflict). I can work on that...

9 - The Ticket Scenario - need to remove the Assignee party as this
is not part of a ticket

10 - We need to add an Acknowledgments section at the end and list
all people (including from
this WG) how have contributed to the document.

Looking good!

Cheers...  Renato Iannella
National ICT Australia (NICTA)