[Odrl-version2] Followup on Legal stuff about contracts

Susanne Guth Susanne.Guth at gmx.net
Sat Mar 11 11:41:43 EST 2006

Hi Renato,

thanks for the review. Please read my comments in line. New draft is
available @

http://odrl.net/2.0/WD-ODRL-Model-20060310.html

> Susanne - thanks for the update - great work.
> I have some minor editing but will leave that to the end.
>
> Here are some more substantive questions:
>
> 1 - Should we have a "Change History" as the table of contents says?
> (or too many changes!)

Is absolutely required and has been added to the draft.

> 2 - On the Model, Permission, Prohibition, and Duty all have a
> "tradeable" attribute. What is this for?

Has to do with the negotiation and was discussed with Alapan in several
emails. It indicates if this entity is subject to negotiation or not. Draft
has been updated.

> 3 - On the Model, the "inherit" association on the Asset entity
> probably is best as an attribute now.

I don't understand this comment please clarify.

> 4 - In the Rights Class Model, where we say "the Request/Ticket (etc)
> must contain an Asset" should we say "...must contain at least one
> Asset" ?
Agreed. Done.

> 5 - In the Permission Model, we should say that since the Permission
> must contain ONE Action, that multiple Permissions are also allowed.
> Also, we say that the Permission must also contain ONE Asset - can it
> be multiple??

No, there must not be multiple assets in one permission unless you can
identify several assets with one ID. Also there must not be multiple Actions
in one permission. That's a little bit of a draw back of the presentation
because it may make larger expressions very long. However, there is no
ambiguouty possible what a Permission refers to anymore.

> 6 - The Duty Model scenario examples have Action/Measure/Value shown,
> but we only talk about Action and "Object" in the normative text?

Oh, thanks. That a mistake of course. I changed the duty elements, so now
they contain actions and objects. Have a look!

> 7 - Legal model - Alapan, need some text definitions here (thanks!)
>
> 8 - I think we need to add wording to clarify the situation when
> there are both Permissions and Prohibitions in the expression (and
> where there is a direct conflict). I can work on that...

That would be great. Thanks.

> 9 - The Ticket Scenario - need to remove the Assignee party as this
> is not part of a ticket

I changed the describtion here. I think it should be possible to identifier
an assignee. For example, if the ticket can only be executed by a specific
person.

> 10 - We need to add an Acknowledgments section at the end and list
> all people (including from
> this WG) how have contributed to the document.

Done! I quickly did put the containers in. They need more semantic thought.
Any comments for containers?

So long
Susanne

--