[Odrl-version2] New ODRL v2.0 Model

Susanne Guth Susanne.Guth at gmx.net
Sun Jan 29 00:38:03 EST 2006

Hi Alapan,

first of all I have some more comments on your paper. I would like to have
them separately from the discussions we already have... here we go:

1.)
How do you like a different title that expresses what you actually want to
address - negotiation! Something like:

"Enabling ODRL for Negotiation" or something similar. I think the overall
approach should be, that negotiation in ODRL can be used as a plug-in. Maybe
as a subschema? What do you think about that?

2.)
On page 2 you write "there is some mandatory information". Can you be more
concrete on this. What exactly is really mandatory? Do we have a contract
expert among us? I know that in Germany, for example, contracts are
formless. What is your source for the information 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, etc. can
you refer to some business standards document?

3.)
In Section 3 you define 3.Bargaining, in Section 3.3 you describe
"Bartering". Which one is the right term?

4.)
You refer to Su et al and name the 4 components for electronic negotiations.

I guess for the entire ODRL community it would be important to define where
the "language to define rules" ends and where "the language to express
negotiation proposals" --> ODRL starts. I there a concrete example in your
references that show the difference between the two languages?

5.)
What language would be suitable as "language to define rules"? RuleML?

That's it. If time allows I will respond to the other already ongoing
discussions. We have really important issues here...

So long and thanks for your effort.
:))

Susanne

"The customer is always right"