[Odrl-version2] odrl v2.0 example

Susanne Guth Susanne.Guth at gmx.net
Sun Jan 29 02:08:27 EST 2006

Alapan and all,

please have a look at the paper that provides the basis of ODRL Version 2.0
data model:

<http://wi.wu-wien.ac.at/home/mark/publications/odrl2004.pdf>

It also includes a schema and some xml examples. Following the odrl v2.0
model today a permission with constraint would look as follows

<o-ex20:permission grantor="party01">
  <o-ex20:action>print</o-ex20:action>
  <o-ex20:asset>ebook123</o-ex20:asset>
  <o-ex20:assingee id="party02"/>
  <o-ex20:hasConstraint id="constraint01"/>
</o-ex20:permission>

<o-ex20:constraint constraintID="constraint01">
  <o-ex20:name>play</o-ex20:name>
  <o-ex20:operator>notGraterThan</o-ex20:operator>
  <o-ex20:rOperand>1</o-ex20:rOperand>
</o-ex20:constraint>

We decided not to put any examples on the web site yet because the model was
not final, but maybe to avoid confusions in the future we should publish
some non-binding examples. What do you guys think?

Susanne