[Odrl-version2] New ODRL v2.0 Model

Renato Iannella renato at odrl.net
Mon Jan 16 13:49:05 EST 2006

Hi Alapan - thanks for the comprehensive contribution.

I am "warming" to the idea of supporting contract negotiation in V2
as it is an important (and costly) part of rights management.

What do others think of this, as this would be a major change to V2
so far...??

Some of my other comments include:

4.5.1 - if we can think of an elegant way to support containers in
the model, then that would be good, but we need to make it simple and
not complicate implementations.

4.5.2 - have a NOT on parties would be interesting!

4.5.3 - is there is nice way to support next rights?

4.5.4 - the idea was that we can define a single Duty (eg a payment)
and link it
to multiple permissions. Alternatively, with some form of container,
we could collect
them together and assign a single Duty to them...

4.5.5 - "actions" are the lower level "data dictionary" terms like,
print, display etc.
The Permission/Prohibition, is the parent of these.

Cheers...  Renato Iannella
National ICT Australia (NICTA)