[Odrl-version2] New ODRL v2.0 Model

Alapan Arnab aarnab at cs.uct.ac.za
Mon Jan 16 23:42:30 EST 2006

Hi,
> Some of my other comments include:
>
> 4.5.1 - if we can think of an elegant way to support containers in
> the model, then that would be good, but we need to make it simple and
> not complicate implementations.

See my response to Susanne's email.

> 4.5.5 - "actions" are the lower level "data dictionary" terms like,
> print, display etc.
> The Permission/Prohibition, is the parent of these.

So if "print" is an action, how do I put a constraint to it? In ODRL
1.1, "print" was a permission, thus:
<print>
	<count>1</count>
</print>

would have given a permission to print maximum of 1 time. However, in
the ODRL v2.0 it becomes:

<permissions>
	<print/>
	<count>1</count>
</permissions>
which is not correct as an additional permission (e.g. display) could
also be linked under permissions and then what does the count refer to?
It's for this reason, none of the examples I provide have any
constraints.

Alapan

> Cheers...  Renato Iannella
> National ICT Australia (NICTA)

Alapan Arnab
Data Networks Architecture (DNA) Laboratory
Department of Computer Science
University of Cape Town
Rondebosch, 7700
South Africa