See also: IRC log
<blaine> I did – skimmed it, looked good
<blaine> I lol'd when I saw "this is my jam" obliquely referenced.
<evan> hhalpin: 7621? "SOC1"?
<hhalpin> yes, on mute
<blaine> hhalpin: do you think it's worth talking about the SWD / host-meta stuff?
<hhalpin> Notes that I invited Mike Champion (Microsoft), Rohit Khare (Google), and James (Software Freedom Center - a laywer interested in social)
<hhalpin> blaine: I think an update from IETF would make sense, you might be best positioned to do that
<mchampion> I'm just here to observer until we identify the appropriate product team people
<blaine> hhalpin: okay - let's add that to the agenda, then?
Evan: I'm a board member
... Steward Open Social system
... Gave a presentation there
... Concerned about W3C involvement
... Fracture the community or cause fragmentation?
... Talked about Community Groups, process, headlights exercise
... Allayed some fears
... Want further liaison
... Maybe a follow-up call
Jeff: Good idea
Ann: Who started Open Social
Evan: Started in 2008
... Google, Myspace, Linked In,...
... Has become more enterprise focused
... Good adoption, but still some consumer
<Kelvin> Someone is typing
<AnnBassetti> I'd be interested to know if any enterprises are engaged .. Boeing is not
<Kelvin> 'LOL np
Evan: 680 members
... membership free
<AnnBassetti> Evan: ~600 members
<hhalpin> just invite the concern personed directly, the guy who seemed concerned was from Jive software
<hhalpin> I think this is a patent heavy-space, and its come up already on other social-spec related mailing lists
<hhalpin> can't hear you mike
<hhalpin> Mike: Worry about risk to another member (Facebook) to discuss before AC
<hhalpin> We did invite Facebook
<hhalpin> Tobie is aware of these meetings.
<hhalpin> I'm happy to send one more email before going public
<hhalpin> that's not easy :(
<hhalpin> its a bit of a sysadmin mess
<mchampion> You NEVER expect the Slashdot inquisition :-)
<hhalpin> so public is definitely easier
<hhalpin> but private is possible
<AnnBassetti> N = neutral
<AnnBassetti> (which is where I am)
<AnnBassetti> as opposed to just defining a new category
<hhalpin> I think if we get to politically delicate questions around patents, we can just move them to a cc list
<hhalpin> ACTION: hhalpin to create *public* mailing list [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/04/02-social-minutes.html#action01]
Jeff: Decision to be public
<SteveH__> I doubt we'll get there, but if we wander into IP-burdened areas, we can push those items to one or more of the CGs as appropriate---since they have IP safety net.
Blaine: IETF. oAuth wrapping up nicely
Blaine: Also looking at
... But I thought it was a bad idea
... W3C sponsorsed lunch discussion about authentication
... Browser ID
Harry: A more coherent picture of
ID space is emerging
... Open ID connect and Browser people have similar views
... will help oAuth and Browser ID
... this will solve discovery problem
... IETF stuff moving, but not social apis
... just authentication, identity, discovery
Ann: Related to Kantara?
<hhalpin> Ann, just ask Boeing in detail what parts of Kantara they have interest in
<hhalpin> eseentially UMA is not going to direct to a WG
<hhalpin> but seems to be split into a number of parts
<hhalpin> with bits of it going to different WGs.
Jeff: Where are we on the document
Evan: Close enough for
discussion, but can always be enhanced
... Too early to take outside
<Kelvin> Should all 6 CGs not be listed on here as green boxes now?
<hhalpin> ACTION: hhalpin to create wiki for social task force [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/04/02-social-minutes.html#action02]
Jeff: It will be public, so maybe put disclaimers
<Kelvin> This is a useful picture for our discussion but I am not sure how you would use it "outside". It is very high level
Harry: Need one more week before
it goes outside
... Graphical work
<Kelvin> It does not "tell a story"
<evan> Kelvin: I agree
<SteveH__> I have to drop to run another call....
<hhalpin> Well, if we have another SVG expert that would be great - anyone else good with SVG?
<hhalpin> Yes, but not with Linux and Inkscape, Jeff :)
<Kelvin> Kelvin ducks the SVG question ;-)
<Kelvin> (being an author of SVG 1.0)
<evan> Ha ha
<Kelvin> I can help but I am no artist!
<Zakim> kelvin, you wanted to tell us what he really thinks
<hhalpin> I'm happy with a public wiki
<hhalpin> its already in github
[discussion of block diagram]
<hhalpin> the other two are general talking forums, federated social web cg
<hhalpin> and I think pubsubhubbub
<hhalpin> which pubsubhubbub fits under ostatus
<hhalpin> federated social web is a discussion forum, so no spec there
<hhalpin> as all sorts of specs have been discussed in that forum
<hhalpin> we should add pubsubhbubub under OStatus probably
<hhalpin> or replace s/OStatus/pubsubhbubub/
<evan> hhalpin: I agree
<hhalpin> this is a diagram grouping specs by functionality, so we can add a "use-case requirement" section that adds names of other CGs and other forums
<hhalpin> obviously if we spin up a WG we'd want a use-case doc
<hhalpin> and that's an important part
<Kelvin> I like the use case requirement idea Harry
<scribe> ACTION: Kelvin will identify if the CGs provide additional componentry for the block diagram [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/04/02-social-minutes.html#action03]
<hhalpin> Can Evan just go through the colors?
<hhalpin> real quick - so people see the space a bit clearer?
<hhalpin> the key is to look at other standards bodies and make sure we're not losing anyone
[evan walks through the diagram, colors, what is going on in other bodies, IP issues]
<Zakim> clarification, you wanted to Rohit re some of it
Harry: Activity streams, portable contacts, need IP agreement
Rohit: I'm not speaking for
... As an observer, the key people don't have this work as their day job
<hhalpin> that clarifies the situation
[Ann reviews diagram]
Jeff: Interesting to contrast Boeing view with block diagram
<Dan_Romascanu> +1 to this trend (extended networks w/ customers, partners)
<claudio> have to jump to another call...
<AnnBassetti> link to my colleague's slides from TPAC2009, describing our internal social networking tool "inSite": http://www.w3.org/2009/Talks/Boeing-tpac09.pdf
Propose next week 11AM-1PM ET
<Ruinan> is it possible to only have one hour call?
<Dan_Romascanu> vacation next week
<blaine> jeff: Dan_Romascanu has a good point, it's the easter monday holiday next week
<Dan_Romascanu> it's also the Passover week :-)
<Dan_Romascanu> go ahead, i will be on vacation until wednesday
Assignments: To all - feedback on block diagram
2. Smash Boeing input with block diagram
<AnnBassetti> I will be happy to work on that .. and I have a colleague in mind as well
<hhalpin> it would be good to align IBM and Boeing input
<scribe> ACTION: Evan will work with Ann and colleague on assignment #2 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/04/02-social-minutes.html#action04]
<hhalpin> re enterprisestuff
<evan> I think 2-week
3. Draw arrows and generally show relationships between components of the diagram in the diagram
4. Describe use cases which provide clearer and broader relationships between components of diagram
<hhalpin> I'm happy to help with 3.
<hhalpin> put that is more of a 2 week task
<blaine> I'm going to help with 3/4
<hhalpin> blaine volunteers
<hhalpin> re4, it makes sense
<hhalpin> for the IBM/Boeing people to align use-cases
<hhalpin> and push together a use-case doc, maybe out of SocialBiz CG
<scribe> ACTION: Harry will work with Blaine and others on assignment #3 [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2012/04/02-social-minutes.html#action05]
<AnnBassetti> any IBM guys want to work on the correlation of diagrams with me/Evan/etc?
<AnnBassetti> might help our dev of enterprise use cases
<hhalpin> if we can get them to like 7-10 use-cases
<hhalpin> that would be great
<hhalpin> too many use-cases and htings get hectic
<Kelvin> Yes Ann we will.
<Kelvin> Use my name for now and I will bring in colleagues
Next meeting 10AM-noon ET, on the 16th
<hhalpin> sounds like a plan
<evan> Thanks everyone
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.136 of Date: 2011/05/12 12:01:43 Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/ Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00) Succeeded: s/I/Evan/ No ScribeNick specified. Guessing ScribeNick: jeff Inferring Scribes: jeff WARNING: No "Present: ... " found! Possibly Present: Ann AnnBassetti Assignments Dan_Romascanu Harry Kelvin Mike Rich_ Ruinan SteveH__ blaine claudio evan hhalpin https inserted jeff mchampion rohit rohit2 vasile You can indicate people for the Present list like this: <dbooth> Present: dbooth jonathan mary <dbooth> Present+ amy WARNING: No meeting title found! You should specify the meeting title like this: <dbooth> Meeting: Weekly Baking Club Meeting WARNING: No meeting chair found! You should specify the meeting chair like this: <dbooth> Chair: dbooth Got date from IRC log name: 02 Apr 2012 Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2012/04/02-social-minutes.html People with action items: evan harry hhalpin kelvin[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]