W3C Government Linked Data Working Group, Third F2F, April 11-12, 2013
Location: Dublin Ireland
Minutes: To be added here
- 1 When
- 2 What
- 3 Sponsor
- 4 Where
- 5 Details
- 6 DRAFT Agenda
- 7 Participants
- 8 Annotations
Thursday & Friday 11-12 April 2013: GLD-WG F2F3
We've organized the F2F3 to occur just after the European Data Forum.
Other EDF info may be found here:
The third F2F of the W3C Government Linked Data (GLD) Working Group. The meeting is open to the official participants and invited guests, only.
For information of the previous F2F meeting in January 2012, see F2F2.
Many thanks to DERI for organizing and supporting the venue at Croke Park Conference Centre. Special thanks to W3C for sponsoring our coffee breaks and telecon infrastructure to support remote participation of GLD WG members.
A poll was taken in October 2012 results here.
European Location – Dublin, Ireland
Venue: Croke Park Conference Centre in Dublin, Ireland. Meeting room #679 (6th Floor)
Hotel Accommodation, see recommended hotels and negotiated rates.
Meals: For lunch, there is a café/restaurant in Croke Park where we can purchase sandwiches or one or two hot options. We can arrange for soup/sandwiches to be brought to our meeting space for €16.50 p.p.
Point of Contact: Deirdre Lee, DERI
General Information on Dublin
How to get there, how to get around, practical info, etc. see general info
You’ll be spoiled for choice here in Ireland! Check out the Discover Ireland website for all that’s available. Regarding history and art, with Ireland's rich heritage, there are lots of museums and historical sites, like old monasteries and castles. Check with Deirdre for further ideas!
Connecting & Socializing
Possible monument walk and dinner plans. See Walk & Dinner signup
- Wireless Internet required for both sites
- Conference telephone, digital projector, projection screen
- Ability to use Skype for video & audio (back up to conference audio bridge)
Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 4531 ("GLD1") Note: that is GLD number "1".
IRC: We strongly recommend being on IRC: irc.w3.org, port 6665, channel #gld. You can use our web interface: http://irc.w3.org, or your own IRC client.
- Start time 9.00 Dublin time
- End time 17.00 Dublin time
- Review last call comments for Data Cube, ORG and DCAT
- Review FPWD/LC comments for Best Practices, Glossary
- Review Community Directory roll out & future in Community Group, time permitting
|9.00||Thoughts on EDF 2013 from the participants. Agenda bashing. (All)
|10.00||W3C Staff/Mgmt view on GLD WG progress & extension requirements. What comes after GLD WG (preview) (PhilA)
|10.30||Best Practices for Publishing Gov't Linked Data strategy & recommendations, BP Timetable, Facilitators: Bernadette Hyland, Boris Villazón-Terrazas
|12.00||DataCube Vocabulary LC feedback review, DataCube Timetable, Facilitator: Richard Cyganiak
|14.00||DCAT , DCAT Timetable, Facilitator: Fadi Maali
|15.30||Community Directory review , Facilitators: Bernadette Hyland Luke Ruth (invited/remote)
|17.15||Adjourn. Informal discussion.|
|19.00||Dinner at Elephant and Castle, 18 Temple Bar, Dublin Directions Elephant & Castle website|
- Complete transition planning for Working Group Notes, Glossary, Community Directory
- Complete ORG, RegOrg
- Cross linking LD Glossary to deliverables
|9.00||Convene. Agenda review
|9.30||Discussion on Standard Vocabularies for use by government PhilA
|10.45||Organization (Org) Vocab  Dave Reynolds, ORG Timeline
|11.45||CR Exit Criteria for Vocabs (e.g., endorsement and evidence of use) Sandro
|14.00||Discuss input for W3C Open Data on the Web Workshop (successor of GLD WG) PhilA
|15.00||Complete CR exit criteria conversation.
|16.30||Action Items & Closing comments
|Outreach and marketing (deferred to subsequent GLD WG meeting in May 2013)
Who may attend: Per W3C process, this meeting is open to official participants of the GLD Working Group and other individuals specifically invited as guests of the chairs. If you expect to join the group and have not received an invitation, please contact the chairs at email@example.com
Links are to self-introductions on this wiki. Links in Red mean no self-introduction has been made yet; in this case, please create a brief page about yourself by clicking on your name, filling in some text, and clicking "save page". Everyone with a W3C User Account can edit pages on this wiki.
Expected in person – Dublin, Ireland
- Bernadette Hyland, 3 Round Stones, Inc. (confirmed)
- Hadley Beeman, LinkedGov (confirmed)
- Richard Cyganiak, DERI (confirmed)
- Deirdre Lee, DERI (confirmed)
- Phil Archer, W3C (confirmed)
- Boris Villazón-Terrazas, iSOCO - (confirmed - day 1 morning only)
- Ghislain Atemezing, EURECOM (Confimred)
- Bart van Leeuwen, netage.nl (confirmed)
- João Paulo Almeida, Universidade Federal do Espirito Santo
- Fadi Maali, DERI (confirmed)
- Christophe Guéret, DANS-KNAW (confirmed- day 1 only)
On the fence
- Ted Thibodeau, OpenLink Software (will be remote, if at all)
- James McKinney (will be remote, if at all)
- Tina Gheen, US Library of Congress (will try to attend remotely, but it is not looking good)
- Michael Pendleton, US Environmental Protection Agency
- Dave Reynolds, Epimorphics
- Benedikt Kaempgen, Forschungszentrum Informatik (FZI)
- Daniel Mekonnen, Algebraix Data Corporation
- Biplav Srivastava, IBM Research
- John Erickson, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Sandro Hawke, W3C/MIT
- Martin Alvarez, Fundacion CTIC
- Makx Dekkers
- Martin Kaltenböck - very sorry I am not able to participate, will be at EDF2013 but have meetings on 11th and leave Dublin then.
- Gofran Shukair - I am sorry I can't make it to the F2F meeting due to some work commitments on those dates
- LC comment reviews for DCAT, Data Cube & ORG; BP FPWD comment review; BP to LC