Return to Workshop home page.
Workshop venue: The Globe Theatre
The Globe Theatre venue will provide the following equipment for your presentations at the venue:
- Two standing podiums and microphones
- Wireless handheld microphones
- Lavaliere microphones
- Table top microphones for the panels
- Existing high contrast 6’ by 9’ cinema projection screens
- Christie 10,000 lumens HD projectors with 1920 x 1080p resolution
- iMac desktop computer with 1920 x 1080p resolution
- Internet access by Wifi for participants; Ethernet cable connection for presenters
Note. The details on the wifi connection, e.g., the SSID will be included in the welcome package and on the flip chart in the meeting room.
Name badge and welcome package:
Please Show your name badge at the special entrance gate to enter the workshop.
- If you stay at Hilton, you'll get the welcome package including the name badge and the map of the route from Hilton to the venue when you check in the hotel.
- For the people not staying at the Hilton Hotel, please give your name to the person at the special entrance gate and have identification available at the gate before you go to the Globe Theatre foyer where you can pick up your welcome package at the registration table.
Please see also the map of the routes from Hilton to the venue for the location of the special entrance gate and the venue: http://goo.gl/Sw5ml
Shuttle schedule will be 7am to 9pm on Monday and 7am to 6pm and Tuesday.
The shuttle schedule will be 7am to 9pm on Monday and 7am to 6pm and Tuesday.
Events and meals
Welcome reception on Sunday, September 18 - Hilton
There will be a welcome reception in the evening on Sunday, September 18 from 6:00-8:00pm at Hilton poolside. No reservations are needed for the reception.
Workshop dinner on Monday, September 19: Parisian Courtyard (off of Baker Street)
Workshop dinner will be held on Monday, September 19 after the workshop Day1 at Parisian Courtyard (off of Baker Street). Cocktails are from 5:00-6:15pm and dinner runs from 6:15-8:00pm The catering is by Wolfgang Puck. Pleasenote that our group will need to depart the Universal Studios property promptly at 8:00pm. We can continue conversations at City Walk area where there are many options or at the Hilton lobby pub.
Lunch on Monday-Tuesday, September 19-20: Parisian Courtyard (off of Baker Street)
Lunches will be also served at Parisian Courtyard on both Monday and Tuesday at the Parisian Courtyard (off of Baker Street).
Breakfast and refreshments on Monday-Tuesday, September 19-20: the Globe Theatre (Meeting venue)
A light breakfast will be served at the breakfast station in the Globe Theatre from 8:00-9:00am. Light refreshments will also be provided during the scheduled breaks.
The workshop program will run from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm on both Monday, September 19th and Tuesday, September 20th. The detailed schedule is available on the Agenda Page.
Suggested Hotel: Hilton Hotel Los Angeles/Universal City
We have reserved a block of rooms at a special discount rate with the Hilton Hotel Los Angeles/Universal City. Please make reservation for your room by visiting the following special reservation page for the workshop participants.
The deadline for the special W3C workshop rate at Hilton is extended until September 12.
- Special reservation page for the workshop participants:
- 555 Universal Hollywood Drive, Universal City, California, United States 91608-1001
- Discounted Parking Rates at Hotel:
- Overnight Self Parking: $12.00
- Overnight Valet Parking: $20.00
- Daily Self Parking: $9.00
- Daily Valet Parking: $15.00
Guests of the hotel should let the front desk know they have a car upon check-in. Commuters should ask the front desk for parking validation when they arrive.
- Internet at Hilton Hotel
- Complimentary high speed internet is available in guestrooms for duration of W3C program. Complimentary access to the health club for all W3C attendees is also provided. (Onsite fitness room & Pool). The Hilton Precor fitness center is available 24 hours a day to guests of the hotel, with basic workout amenities, including water, towels, and earphones. The best in Precor's cardio machines and equipment are perfect for stamina and endurance training. The fitness center also features a separate weight training room with resistance machines, as well as free weights.
Some more information on Hilton Hotel is available below:
- Hilton Universal City general info:
- Hilton general phone:
- Hilton general customer support contacts including an email form:
Airports to Hilton:
There is no hotel airport shuttle. Here is more information on transportion:
Optional: Universal Studios Tour on Sunday, September 18
The workshop organizers are organizing a social event and invite you to come along. All the workshop participants are invited to join us on Universal Studios Tour on Sunday, September 18 and ask you to pre-register. We will meet at 4:00pm on Sunday, 18 September in the lobby of the Hilton Hotel and walk over to Universal Studios for the tram tour.
FYI: Universal Studios Tickets at a discount
There is an opportunity for self-funded Universal Studios tickets at a discount.
Prices for Theme Park Tickets:
- $61.00 for a full day
- $51.00 for a 1/2 day (after 2:00pm)
The link to the discount ticket site will be provided shortly.