W3C Device and Sensors Working Group Wiki
- ImplementationStatus contains information about implementation and testing status of the Device and Sensors Working Group's active work.
- ImplementationStatusHistorical includes historical information with pointers to implementations related to the group's specifications that may not conform to the spec, are partial, or just related.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Work documentation for some of the group's deliverables. The following wiki material is mostly historical.
- SysInfo is a page that gathers notes about the System Information and Events API
- CaptureVsInput compares the pros and cons of a dedicated capture API vs relying on a derived FileReader API.
- ContactsMozDapComparison compares the Mozilla Contacts implementation to the latest W3C Contact API draft.
- ContactFormatsComparison shows how different Contact Formats compare and map to each other.
- ServiceDiscoveryComparison compares different APIs for Service Discovery.
- Near_field_communications_(NFC) Links to existing APIs and collection of Use cases for NFC.
- WebIntent_Issues Issues raised in DAP F2F related to WebIntents
- Sensor_Issues Discussion of issues raised in DAP F2F related to design of the Sensors API
- Bluetooth_Use_Cases as a precursor to chartering work on Bluetooth
- NSD_Security discusses ideas related to security and privacy for Network Service Discovery
Since our charter is well delimited and we have limited time in which to work on a set of prioritised items, but since equally there are very interesting areas of work that we could certainly become involved in later, we have set up a FutureWork page to capture them.
- FutureWork lists features deferred to next versions of the specs, and potential future work
- BurlingtonF2F2012 logistics
- ShenzhenF2F20011 logistics
- ParisF2F2011 logistics.
- LondonF2F2010 logistics.
- F2F Agendas
- PubrulesHowTo Pubrules survival guide
- MailingListTags lists the tags that we use to identify the topic of posts to the mailing list (to make it more manageable for people only interested in a single topic).
- ApiCheckList serves as a reminder of aspects to check in our APIs (at the very least, before going to Last Call).