23 Jul 2007

See also: IRC log


Don_Doherty, +1.781.662.aaaa, Jonathan_Rees, John_Barkley, EricP



Jonathan Status

jr: thinking about Reference and meaning and how it relates to the web
... lot more confusing then he thought a week ago
... prefers to not give out draft at the moment.
... would prefer to work one on one with a series of people rather than in a group

ss: would it make sense to have another informal f2f?

jr: some time in the fall when he has something that makes sense to at least 3 people. don't schedule now

ss: when to target date for note?

jr: need to get it right

ss: end of october?

jr: Have at least one draft of the thing approved by some time in october.

ss: target end of september for "fairly finished"?

jr: Will be circulating drafts during sept
... hedges on end of september date. hopeful but.

ss: anything we can do to help?

jr: not as a group - will find series of individuals (stakeholders?) run them through the whole thing. Meaning, definitions, access and get feedback.
... Entry into the select few requires commitment to 3-4 hours. jr will keep group abreast of who he is talking to.
... question: open access issue. May be published as SC white paper that W3C can use.



ep: where does w3 differ from open access?

jar: copyright notice at top of pages

jr: have to pay attention to the cache headers

ep: MIT license for software. For documents.... EP will investigate

action+ ericp will look into open access licensing vs. current w3 policy

ep: hash/slash content-neg meeting setup?

<jar286> where are your notes?

ep: has added clarification of hash/slash to bottom of ______

<jar286> maybe it's http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLSIG_BioRDF_Subgroup/Tasks/URI_Best_Practices/Recommendations/DraftTalk

see Differentiating Between Web Resources and What They Describe [ericP]

alan notes that 303 doesn't say this is a non-document, it says it might not be a document.

<jar286> issues with 303 and # are numerous, e.g. how to get metadata for a document, predictability

<jar286> follow your nose doesn't work for HCLS, I believe.

action+ eric will meet with jonathan to talk about his discussions

end of agenda 1

jb: log analysis


don: setting up demo replicate

alan corresponding with instructions

I suggest putting it out as it is created...

ss: put on wiki?


don: sfn poster lead

put the instructions for the demo here: http://esw.w3.org/topic/HCLS/Banff2007Demo/HCLS/Banff2007Demo/HowToMakeOneForYourself

ss: 1st monday in september for update on main panels for the sfn poster?

don: concurs
... poster date nov 7. Final version end of october.

wright state ready to install. Deri has machine but is not set up yet.

alan will try to do wright state this week.

ss: will ask around lilly for interest in drugdb

alan coming up: Jax visit, ABI visit, RGD for biocuration meeting.

charter extended: http://www.w3.org/mid/E7092F10DB73FA43AE0E59F2DCDAA6360A9168@MI8NYCMAIL04.Mi8.com

vipul announces new collab - implications for demo?

<jar286> ha. I think it just means I won't be fired this month for neglecting real work.

ss: What else can we do to extend demo?

means that I have a work partner again :)

ss: suggests sending out an email soliciting ideas for additions to the demo

all concur

we are happy that the call lasted only 40 minutes.

bye everyone

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.128 (CVS log)
$Date: 2007/07/30 15:49:18 $