ISSUE-30: Should HTML 5 include a longdesc attribute for images

longdesc

Should HTML 5 include a longdesc attribute for images

State:
CLOSED
Product:
HTML 5 spec
Raised by:
Sam Ruby
Opened on:
2008-02-06
Description:
Issue Raised by: Charles McCathieNevile, 6 Feb 2008
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Feb/0065.html

HTML 4 includes a longdesc attribute for images, designed to allow authors to provide extended textual alternatives to image content for users without access to the image. It is unclear what the relative balance of merits and problems with this approach is and hence whether it should be included in HTML 5.

Request to Reopen HTML-ISSUE-30, February 21, 2011 - Laura Carlson, Gregory J. Rosmaita, and John Foliot
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Feb/0362.html

Change Proposals
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/InstateLongdesc
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/longdesc
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Oct/0949.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Feb/0393.html
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/LongdescConformingWithWarning

See e.g. http://esw.w3.org/topic/HTML/LongdescRetention
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Feb/0061.html
http://blog.whatwg.org/the-longdesc-lottery

HTML5-SPEC-SECTIONS [the-img-element]
Related Actions Items:
No related actions
Related emails:
  1. Re: Issue 30 (Was: RE: Getting HTML5 to Recommendation in 2014) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-09-21)
  2. Re: Issue 30 (Was: RE: Getting HTML5 to Recommendation in 2014) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-09-20)
  3. RE: Issue 30 (Was: RE: Getting HTML5 to Recommendation in 2014) (from Roselli@algonquinstudios.com on 2012-09-20)
  4. Re: Issue 30 (Was: RE: Getting HTML5 to Recommendation in 2014) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-09-20)
  5. RE: Issue 30 (Was: RE: Getting HTML5 to Recommendation in 2014) (from Roselli@algonquinstudios.com on 2012-09-20)
  6. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-09-20 (from plh@w3.org on 2012-09-20)
  7. Re: Issue 30 (Was: RE: Getting HTML5 to Recommendation in 2014) (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-09-20)
  8. Re: Issue 30 (Was: RE: Getting HTML5 to Recommendation in 2014) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-09-20)
  9. Issue 30 (Was: RE: Getting HTML5 to Recommendation in 2014) (from Roselli@algonquinstudios.com on 2012-09-20)
  10. Re: Getting HTML5 to Recommendation in 2014 (from jbrewer@w3.org on 2012-09-19)
  11. Re: Getting HTML5 to Recommendation in 2014 (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2012-09-19)
  12. Re: Getting HTML5 to Recommendation in 2014 (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2012-09-19)
  13. Re: Getting HTML5 to Recommendation in 2014 (from eoconnor@apple.com on 2012-09-19)
  14. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-09-20: Responsive images, Appcache, ISSUE-104, ISSUE-30, TPAC, HTML5.0 draft plan (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-09-19)
  15. Re: Getting HTML5 to Recommendation in 2014 (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-09-19)
  16. Re: Getting HTML5 to Recommendation in 2014 (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2012-09-19)
  17. Re: [html-chairs] [DRAFT] {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-09-20: Misc discussions, TPAC information (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-09-19)
  18. [html-chairs] [DRAFT] {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-09-20: Misc discussions, TPAC information (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-09-18)
  19. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-09-13: Task Force Reports and Discussions (from eoconnor@apple.com on 2012-09-13)
  20. Re: ISSUE-30: longdesc 'InstateLongdesc' - outlook (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-09-12)
  21. Re: [updated] proposed rewording of ISSUE-204 text (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2012-09-12)
  22. Re: ISSUE-30: longdesc 'InstateLongdesc' - outlook (from singer@apple.com on 2012-09-11)
  23. RE: ISSUE-30: longdesc 'InstateLongdesc' - outlook (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2012-09-11)
  24. RE: ISSUE-30: longdesc 'InstateLongdesc' - outlook (from john@foliot.ca on 2012-09-10)
  25. Re: ISSUE-30: longdesc 'InstateLongdesc' - outlook (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-09-10)
  26. RE: ISSUE-30: longdesc 'InstateLongdesc' - outlook (from mattmay@adobe.com on 2012-09-10)
  27. Re: Adaptive Image Element Proposal (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2012-09-10)
  28. RE: Adaptive Image Element Proposal (from Roselli@algonquinstudios.com on 2012-09-09)
  29. Re: ISSUE-30: longdesc 'InstateLongdesc' - outlook (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-09-07)
  30. RE: Adaptive Image Element Proposal (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2012-09-07)
  31. RE: ISSUE-30: longdesc 'InstateLongdesc' - outlook (from john@foliot.ca on 2012-09-07)
  32. RE: Adaptive Image Element Proposal (from Roselli@algonquinstudios.com on 2012-09-07)
  33. Re: Adaptive Image Element Proposal (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2012-09-07)
  34. {minutes}} HTML WG telecon 2012-09-06 (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-09-06)
  35. Re: ISSUE-30: longdesc 'InstateLongdesc' - outlook (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-09-06)
  36. Re: ISSUE-30: longdesc 'InstateLongdesc' - outlook (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-09-06)
  37. Re: ISSUE-30: longdesc 'InstateLongdesc' - outlook (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2012-09-06)
  38. Re: ISSUE-30: longdesc 'InstateLongdesc' - outlook (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-09-06)
  39. Re: ISSUE-30: longdesc 'InstateLongdesc' - outlook (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-09-06)
  40. Re: ISSUE-30: longdesc 'InstateLongdesc' - outlook (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-09-06)
  41. Re: ISSUE-30: longdesc 'InstateLongdesc' - outlook (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-09-06)
  42. Re: ISSUE-30: longdesc 'InstateLongdesc' - outlook (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-09-06)
  43. Re: Adaptive Image Element Proposal (from mat@matmarquis.com on 2012-09-05)
  44. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-09-06 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-09-05)
  45. Re: Adaptive Image Element Proposal (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2012-09-05)
  46. Re: ISSUE-30: longdesc 'InstateLongdesc' - outlook (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-09-04)
  47. Re: Adaptive Image Element Proposal (from mat@matmarquis.com on 2012-09-04)
  48. Re: Adaptive Image Element Proposal (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2012-09-04)
  49. Re: ISSUE-30: longdesc 'InstateLongdesc' - outlook (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-08-30)
  50. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-08-29 (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-08-29)
  51. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-08-23, issues, task force reports, discussion items (from eoconnor@apple.com on 2012-08-23)
  52. Re: ISSUE-30: longdesc 'InstateLongdesc' - outlook (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-08-23)
  53. RE: ISSUE-30: longdesc 'InstateLongdesc' - outlook (from john@foliot.ca on 2012-08-22)
  54. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-08-23, issues, task force reports, discussion items (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-08-22)
  55. Re: ISSUE-30: longdesc 'InstateLongdesc' - outlook (from plh@w3.org on 2012-08-21)
  56. Re: why are we pursuing this idea? (was: Implementation Details request on Issue 204 Decision) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-08-21)
  57. Re: why are we pursuing this idea? (was: Implementation Details request on Issue 204 Decision) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2012-08-21)
  58. Re: why are we pursuing this idea? (was: Implementation Details request on Issue 204 Decision) (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-08-21)
  59. Re: why are we pursuing this idea? (was: Implementation Details request on Issue 204 Decision) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2012-08-21)
  60. Re: ISSUE-30: longdesc 'InstateLongdesc' - outlook (from jbrewer@w3.org on 2012-08-18)
  61. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-08-14, some issues, lots of discussion topics (from Eliot.Graff@microsoft.com on 2012-08-15)
  62. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-08-14, some issues, lots of discussion topics (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-08-14)
  63. Re: ISSUE-30: longdesc 'InstateLongdesc' - outlook (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-08-12)
  64. Re: ISSUE-30: longdesc 'InstateLongdesc' - outlook (from jbrewer@w3.org on 2012-08-09)
  65. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-08-09 - action items, issues, decisions and task force reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-08-08)
  66. RE: ISSUE-30: longdesc 'LongdescZeroEdit' - outlook (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-08-05)
  67. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-08-02 - action items, issues and decisions (from glenn@skynav.com on 2012-08-02)
  68. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-08-02 - action items, issues and decisions (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-08-01)
  69. Re: ISSUE-30: longdesc 'LongdescZeroEdit' - outlook (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-07-31)
  70. Re: ISSUE-30: longdesc 'LongdescZeroEdit' - outlook (from janina@rednote.net on 2012-07-30)
  71. Re: ISSUE-30: longdesc 'InstateLongdesc' - outlook (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2012-07-30)
  72. Re: ISSUE-30: longdesc 'LongdescZeroEdit' - outlook (from mcturvey@gmail.com on 2012-07-29)
  73. Re: A request concerning a11y related emails (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-07-27)
  74. A request concerning a11y related emails (from john@foliot.ca on 2012-07-27)
  75. Re: ISSUE-30: longdesc 'LongdescZeroEdit' - outlook (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-07-27)
  76. ISSUE-30: longdesc 'LongdescZeroEdit' - outlook (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-07-27)
  77. ISSUE-30: longdesc 'InstateLongdesc' - outlook (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-07-27)
  78. Re: ISSUE-204, ISSUE-30 and ISSUE-203 processing order (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-07-19)
  79. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-07-19 - issues, decisions and surveys (from eoconnor@apple.com on 2012-07-19)
  80. Re: FW: ISSUE-204, ISSUE-30 and ISSUE-203 processing order (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2012-07-19)
  81. RE: FW: ISSUE-204, ISSUE-30 and ISSUE-203 processing order (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-07-19)
  82. RE: ISSUE-204, ISSUE-30 and ISSUE-203 processing order (from john@foliot.ca on 2012-07-18)
  83. RE: ISSUE-204, ISSUE-30 and ISSUE-203 processing order (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-07-18)
  84. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-07-19 - issues, decisions and surveys (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-07-18)
  85. Re: FW: ISSUE-204, ISSUE-30 and ISSUE-203 processing order (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2012-07-18)
  86. RE: ISSUE-204, ISSUE-30 and ISSUE-203 processing order (from john@foliot.ca on 2012-07-17)
  87. RE: ISSUE-204, ISSUE-30 and ISSUE-203 processing order (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-07-17)
  88. Re: CfC: Close ISSUE-203 media-descriptions by Amicable Resolution (from eoconnor@apple.com on 2012-07-17)
  89. RE: ISSUE-204, ISSUE-30 and ISSUE-203 processing order (from john@foliot.ca on 2012-07-17)
  90. ISSUE-204, ISSUE-30 and ISSUE-203 processing order (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-07-17)
  91. RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-07-11 - actions, issues, task force reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-07-13)
  92. RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-07-11 - actions, issues, task force reports (from eric.sun@huawei.com on 2012-07-13)
  93. RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-07-11 - actions, issues, task force reports (from eric.sun@huawei.com on 2012-07-13)
  94. RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-07-11 - actions, issues, task force reports (from eric.sun@huawei.com on 2012-07-13)
  95. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-07-11 - actions, issues, task force reports (from glenn@skynav.com on 2012-07-12)
  96. Re: 答复: One Year Anniversary of promise to expedite ISSUE-30 (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2012-06-28)
  97. Re: 答复: One Year Anniversary of promise to expedite ISSUE-30 (from schwer@us.ibm.com on 2012-06-28)
  98. Re: 答复: One Year Anniversary of promise to expedite ISSUE-30 (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2012-06-28)
  99. 答复: One Year Anniversary of promise to expedite ISSUE-30 (from eric.sun@huawei.com on 2012-06-28)
  100. Re: One Year Anniversary of promise to expedite ISSUE-30 (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2012-06-27)
  101. Re: CfC: Close ISSUE-203 media-descriptions by Amicable Resolution (from janina@rednote.net on 2012-06-27)
  102. One Year Anniversary of promise to expedite ISSUE-30 (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2012-05-25)
  103. Re: HTML-A11Y Task Force Consensus RE Issue-204 ARIA-Hidden (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2012-05-01)
  104. Re: HTML-A11Y Task Force Consensus RE Issue-204 ARIA-Hidden (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-05-01)
  105. Re: HTML-A11Y Task Force Consensus RE Issue-204 ARIA-Hidden (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2012-05-01)
  106. HTML-A11Y Task Force Consensus RE Issue-204 ARIA-Hidden (from janina@rednote.net on 2012-04-30)
  107. Re: Request to open new issue to expand longdesc (was Re: hypothetical question on longdesc) (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-04-23)
  108. Re: Request to open new issue to expand longdesc (was Re: hypothetical question on longdesc) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2012-04-23)
  109. Re: Request to open new issue to expand longdesc (was Re: hypothetical question on longdesc) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2012-04-10)
  110. Re: Request to open new issue to expand longdesc (was Re: hypothetical question on longdesc) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2012-04-10)
  111. Request to open new issue to expand longdesc (was Re: hypothetical question on longdesc) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2012-04-05)
  112. HTML-A11Y Task Force Consensus RE ARIA-DescribedAT and Longdesc (from janina@rednote.net on 2012-04-03)
  113. Re: Text description for @poster (was RE: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc]) (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2012-03-29)
  114. RE: Text description for @poster (was RE: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc]) (from lwatson@nomensa.com on 2012-03-28)
  115. Re: Text description for @poster (was RE: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc]) (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2012-03-28)
  116. RE: Text description for @poster (was RE: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc]) (from Frank.Olivier@microsoft.com on 2012-03-27)
  117. Re: Text description for @poster (was RE: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc]) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2012-03-27)
  118. Re: Text description for @poster (was RE: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc]) (from philipj@opera.com on 2012-03-27)
  119. RE: Text description for @poster (was RE: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc]) (from lwatson@nomensa.com on 2012-03-27)
  120. Re: Text description for @poster (was RE: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc]) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2012-03-27)
  121. Re: Text description for @poster (was RE: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc]) (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2012-03-27)
  122. Re: Text description for @poster (was RE: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc]) (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2012-03-27)
  123. Re: Text description for @poster (was RE: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc]) (from chuck@jumis.com on 2012-03-26)
  124. Re: Text description for @poster (was RE: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc]) (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2012-03-26)
  125. Re: Text description for @poster (was RE: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc]) (from janina@rednote.net on 2012-03-26)
  126. Re: Text description for @poster (was RE: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc]) (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2012-03-25)
  127. Re: Text description for @poster (was RE: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc]) (from bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com on 2012-03-24)
  128. RE: Text description for @poster (was RE: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc]) (from john@foliot.ca on 2012-03-24)
  129. Re: Text description for @poster (was RE: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc]) (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2012-03-24)
  130. Text description for @poster (was RE: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc]) (from john@foliot.ca on 2012-03-24)
  131. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2012-03-24)
  132. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2012-03-24)
  133. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from chuck@jumis.com on 2012-03-23)
  134. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from janina@rednote.net on 2012-03-23)
  135. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from singer@apple.com on 2012-03-23)
  136. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from janina@rednote.net on 2012-03-23)
  137. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from janina@rednote.net on 2012-03-23)
  138. RE: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from lwatson@nomensa.com on 2012-03-23)
  139. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2012-03-23)
  140. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2012-03-23)
  141. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from janina@rednote.net on 2012-03-22)
  142. Re: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-03-22 (from glenn@skynav.com on 2012-03-22)
  143. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-03-22 (from glenn@skynav.com on 2012-03-22)
  144. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from philipj@opera.com on 2012-03-22)
  145. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from singer@apple.com on 2012-03-22)
  146. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from janina@rednote.net on 2012-03-22)
  147. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2012-03-22)
  148. RE: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from john@foliot.ca on 2012-03-22)
  149. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2012-03-22)
  150. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2012-03-22)
  151. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2012-03-22)
  152. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2012-03-22)
  153. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2012-03-22)
  154. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2012-03-22)
  155. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2012-03-22)
  156. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from singer@apple.com on 2012-03-21)
  157. RE: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from john@foliot.ca on 2012-03-21)
  158. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from singer@apple.com on 2012-03-21)
  159. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from singer@apple.com on 2012-03-21)
  160. RE: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from john@foliot.ca on 2012-03-21)
  161. RE: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from john@foliot.ca on 2012-03-21)
  162. RE: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from john@foliot.ca on 2012-03-21)
  163. RE: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com on 2012-03-21)
  164. RE: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from john@foliot.ca on 2012-03-21)
  165. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from singer@apple.com on 2012-03-21)
  166. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from singer@apple.com on 2012-03-21)
  167. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from janina@rednote.net on 2012-03-21)
  168. RE: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com on 2012-03-21)
  169. RE: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from john@foliot.ca on 2012-03-21)
  170. RE: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from john@foliot.ca on 2012-03-21)
  171. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from singer@apple.com on 2012-03-21)
  172. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from janina@rednote.net on 2012-03-21)
  173. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from janina@rednote.net on 2012-03-21)
  174. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from chuck@jumis.com on 2012-03-21)
  175. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from chuck@jumis.com on 2012-03-21)
  176. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from singer@apple.com on 2012-03-21)
  177. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from chuck@jumis.com on 2012-03-21)
  178. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from singer@apple.com on 2012-03-21)
  179. RE: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com on 2012-03-21)
  180. RE: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com on 2012-03-21)
  181. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from chuck@jumis.com on 2012-03-21)
  182. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from chuck@jumis.com on 2012-03-21)
  183. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from singer@apple.com on 2012-03-21)
  184. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com on 2012-03-21)
  185. RE: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com on 2012-03-21)
  186. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from chuck@jumis.com on 2012-03-21)
  187. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from chuck@jumis.com on 2012-03-21)
  188. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from chaals@opera.com on 2012-03-21)
  189. RE: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from Sean.Hayes@microsoft.com on 2012-03-21)
  190. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-03-21)
  191. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-03-21)
  192. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com on 2012-03-21)
  193. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2012-03-21)
  194. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com on 2012-03-21)
  195. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from chuck@jumis.com on 2012-03-21)
  196. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2012-03-21)
  197. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2012-03-21)
  198. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2012-03-21)
  199. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2012-03-21)
  200. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2012-03-21)
  201. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2012-03-21)
  202. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2012-03-21)
  203. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2012-03-21)
  204. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2012-03-21)
  205. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2012-03-21)
  206. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2012-03-21)
  207. RE: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from john@foliot.ca on 2012-03-20)
  208. RE: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from john@foliot.ca on 2012-03-20)
  209. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from singer@apple.com on 2012-03-20)
  210. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from john@foliot.ca on 2012-03-20)
  211. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from singer@apple.com on 2012-03-20)
  212. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from john@foliot.ca on 2012-03-20)
  213. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from singer@apple.com on 2012-03-20)
  214. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from john@foliot.ca on 2012-03-20)
  215. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from chuck@jumis.com on 2012-03-20)
  216. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from singer@apple.com on 2012-03-20)
  217. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from john@foliot.ca on 2012-03-20)
  218. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from singer@apple.com on 2012-03-20)
  219. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from janina@rednote.net on 2012-03-20)
  220. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from chuck@jumis.com on 2012-03-20)
  221. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from singer@apple.com on 2012-03-20)
  222. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from janina@rednote.net on 2012-03-20)
  223. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from singer@apple.com on 2012-03-20)
  224. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from janina@rednote.net on 2012-03-20)
  225. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from singer@apple.com on 2012-03-20)
  226. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from janina@rednote.net on 2012-03-20)
  227. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from singer@apple.com on 2012-03-20)
  228. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from janina@rednote.net on 2012-03-20)
  229. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from singer@apple.com on 2012-03-20)
  230. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2012-03-20)
  231. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2012-03-20)
  232. Re: hypothetical question on longdesc (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2012-03-20)
  233. Re: hypothetical question on longdesc (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2012-03-20)
  234. Re: CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-03-20)
  235. CP, ISSUE-30: Link longdesc to role of img [Was: hypothetical question on longdesc] (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2012-03-20)
  236. Re: hypothetical question on longdesc (from chaals@opera.com on 2012-03-18)
  237. Re: Revert request (from chuck@jumis.com on 2012-03-14)
  238. Re: Revert request (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-03-14)
  239. Re: Revert request (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2012-03-14)
  240. Re: ISSUE-204: aria-hidden - Chairs Solicit Proposals (from mcturvey@gmail.com on 2012-03-13)
  241. Re: Revert request (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-03-13)
  242. Re: Revert request (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2012-03-13)
  243. Re: ISSUE-204: aria-hidden - Chairs Solicit Proposals (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-03-12)
  244. Re: ISSUE-204: aria-hidden - Chairs Solicit Proposals (was: Chair review of 'Keep Longdesc Deprecated') (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-03-12)
  245. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-03-08: issue progress, heartbeat drafts, F2F meeting plans, task force reports (from glenn@skynav.com on 2012-03-08)
  246. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-03-08: issue progress, heartbeat drafts, F2F meeting plans, task force reports (from glenn@skynav.com on 2012-03-08)
  247. Re: Revert request (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2012-03-06)
  248. Re: Revert request (from simonp@opera.com on 2012-03-06)
  249. Revert request (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2012-03-06)
  250. Re: CfC: Publish ten heartbeat drafts as WDs (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-02-28)
  251. Re: CfC: Publish ten heartbeat drafts as WDs (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2012-02-28)
  252. Re: CfC: Publish ten heartbeat drafts as WDs (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-02-28)
  253. Re: CfC: Publish ten heartbeat drafts as WDs (from glenn@skynav.com on 2012-02-27)
  254. Re: CfC: Publish ten heartbeat drafts as WDs (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2012-02-27)
  255. Re: ISSUE-30: Chair review of Instate Longesc Change Propsoal (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2012-02-20)
  256. Re: ISSUE-30: Chair review of Instate Longesc Change Propsoal (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2012-02-20)
  257. Re: ISSUE-30: Chair review of Instate Longesc Change Propsoal (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-02-16)
  258. [minutes] HTML WG telecon 2012-02-16: issue progress (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-02-16)
  259. HTML WG telecon 2012-02-16: issue progress (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2012-02-15)
  260. Re: ISSUE-30: Chair review of Instate Longesc Change Propsoal (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2012-02-14)
  261. Re: ISSUE-30: Chair review of Instate Longesc Change Propsoal (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2012-02-14)
  262. Re: ISSUE-30: Chair review of Instate Longesc Change Propsoal (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-02-14)
  263. HTML-ISSUE-204 (aria-hidden): Excempt ARIA attributes from the rule that prohibits reference to hidden elements [HTML 5 spec] (from sysbot+tracker@w3.org on 2012-02-14)
  264. Re: ISSUE-30: Native HTML vs ARIA/XML (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2012-02-14)
  265. Re: ISSUE-30: Native HTML vs ARIA/XML (from chuck@jumis.com on 2012-02-13)
  266. Re: ISSUE-30: Native HTML vs ARIA/XML (from bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com on 2012-02-13)
  267. Re: Split Issue 30? (from janina@rednote.net on 2012-02-13)
  268. Re: Change Proposal for Issue 194 (from janina@rednote.net on 2012-02-13)
  269. Re: Split Issue 30? (from mcturvey@gmail.com on 2012-02-13)
  270. ISSUE-30: Native HTML vs ARIA/XML (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2012-02-13)
  271. Re: Change Proposal for Issue 194 (from bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com on 2012-02-13)
  272. Re: Split Issue 30? (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2012-02-12)
  273. Re: Split Issue 30? (from chuck@jumis.com on 2012-02-12)
  274. Re: Split Issue 30? (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2012-02-12)
  275. Re: Split Issue 30? (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2012-02-12)
  276. Re: Split Issue 30? (from chuck@jumis.com on 2012-02-10)
  277. Re: Split Issue 30? (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-02-10)
  278. Revert Request for r6895 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2012-02-07)
  279. Re: ISSUE-30: Chair review of Instate Longesc Change Propsoal (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2012-02-07)
  280. ISSUE-30: Chair review of Instate Longesc Change Propsoal (from mjs@apple.com on 2012-02-06)
  281. Re: Chair review of 'Keep Longdesc Deprecated' Change Proposal for ISSUE-30 (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2012-02-03)
  282. Re: Chair review of 'Keep Longdesc Deprecated' Change Proposal for ISSUE-30 (from mcturvey@gmail.com on 2012-02-02)
  283. Re: Chair review of 'Keep Longdesc Deprecated' Change Proposal for ISSUE-30 (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2012-02-01)
  284. Re: Revert Request (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2012-01-27)
  285. Re: Revert Request (from ecrire@catherine-roy.net on 2012-01-26)
  286. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2012-01-26: issue progress, task force reports, other business (from eoconnor@apple.com on 2012-01-26)
  287. Re: Revert Request (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2012-01-26)
  288. Re: Revert Request (from g.lemon@webprofession.com on 2012-01-26)
  289. Revert Request (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2012-01-26)
  290. HTML WG Minutes (Re: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2012-01-19: issue progress, other business) (from glenn@skynav.com on 2012-01-19)
  291. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2011-12-15: issue progress, other business (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-12-22)
  292. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2011-12-15: issue progress, other business (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-12-21)
  293. Chair review of 'Keep Longdesc Deprecated' Change Proposal for ISSUE-30 (from mjs@apple.com on 2011-12-20)
  294. RE: Clarification on process for bugs marked resolved won't fix (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2011-12-20)
  295. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2011-12-15: issue progress, editor's drafts, speech xg (from eoconnor@apple.com on 2011-12-15)
  296. minutes for HTML WG f2f, 2011-11-04, part 1 (from mike@w3.org on 2011-11-05)
  297. minutes of HTML WG f2f 2011-11-03 (from mike@w3.org on 2011-11-04)
  298. Re: Response to Jonas Sicking's Change Proposal: Deprecate Longdesc (from mjs@apple.com on 2011-10-06)
  299. Response to Jonas Sicking's Change Proposal: Deprecate Longdesc (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2011-10-04)
  300. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-09-08: New calls for proposals, task force reports (from eoconnor@apple.com on 2011-09-08)
  301. Re: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from mcturvey@gmail.com on 2011-09-07)
  302. Re: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-08-26)
  303. Re: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from mcturvey@gmail.com on 2011-08-24)
  304. Re: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-08-23)
  305. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2011-06-30 WG Issues, Calls, TAG Issue (RDFa/Microdata), author-view (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-06-30)
  306. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2011-06-30 WG Issues, Calls, TAG Issue (RDFa/Microdata), author-view (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-06-28)
  307. Re: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from mcturvey@gmail.com on 2011-06-25)
  308. Re: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-06-25)
  309. Re: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2011-06-25)
  310. Re: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2011-06-25)
  311. Re: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2011-06-25)
  312. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2011-06-23 TF Reports, Tracker requests, (from mjs@apple.com on 2011-06-22)
  313. RE: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2011-06-20)
  314. Re: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2011-06-20)
  315. RE: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from Marco.Ranon@rnib.org.uk on 2011-06-20)
  316. Re: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from janina@rednote.net on 2011-06-20)
  317. Re: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2011-06-18)
  318. Re: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from mcturvey@gmail.com on 2011-06-18)
  319. Re: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2011-06-18)
  320. Re: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2011-06-17)
  321. Re: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-06-17)
  322. Re: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2011-06-17)
  323. Re: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from janina@rednote.net on 2011-06-17)
  324. RE: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from Marco.Ranon@rnib.org.uk on 2011-06-17)
  325. Re: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2011-06-17)
  326. Re: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from schwer@us.ibm.com on 2011-06-17)
  327. Re: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from mcturvey@gmail.com on 2011-06-17)
  328. RE: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2011-06-16)
  329. Re: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2011-06-16)
  330. Re: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from chaals@opera.com on 2011-06-16)
  331. Re: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from mcturvey@gmail.com on 2011-06-16)
  332. Re: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from mcturvey@gmail.com on 2011-06-16)
  333. Re: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from janina@rednote.net on 2011-06-15)
  334. RE: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2011-06-15)
  335. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2011-06-16 CfC status, Call status, New Information status (from Eliot.Graff@microsoft.com on 2011-06-15)
  336. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2011-06-16 CfC status, Call status, New Information status (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2011-06-15)
  337. Re: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2011-06-15)
  338. Re: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from jgraham@opera.com on 2011-06-15)
  339. Re: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from janina@rednote.net on 2011-06-15)
  340. Re: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from mcturvey@gmail.com on 2011-06-15)
  341. Re: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from janina@rednote.net on 2011-06-14)
  342. Re: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2011-06-02)
  343. Re: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from mjs@apple.com on 2011-06-02)
  344. Re: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2011-06-02)
  345. Re: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from silviapfeiffer1@gmail.com on 2011-06-02)
  346. [Bug 12792] New: Publish the polyglot 'Sample Page' as 'application/xhtml+xml' (from bugzilla@jessica.w3.org on 2011-05-25)
  347. Re: ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2011-05-25)
  348. Responses to Last Call survey objections (from mjs@apple.com on 2011-05-25)
  349. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2011-05-26 Actions, Calls, Publication, TF Reports, Decision Policy (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-05-25)
  350. ISSUE-30 longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-05-25)
  351. RE: Request to Reconsider ISSUE-30 Decision (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2011-05-17)
  352. Request to Reconsider ISSUE-30 Decision (from janina@rednote.net on 2011-05-16)
  353. Request to reopen ISSUE-120 rdfa-prefixes (was: Working Group Decision) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-04-09)
  354. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-120 rdfa-prefixes (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-04-08)
  355. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-120 rdfa-prefixes (from jgraham@opera.com on 2011-04-08)
  356. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-120 rdfa-prefixes (from kurt.cagle@gmail.com on 2011-04-07)
  357. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-120 rdfa-prefixes (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-04-07)
  358. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-120 rdfa-prefixes (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-04-07)
  359. Validity map for <img> (Poll A, ISSUE-31, ISSUE-80, validation) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2011-03-31)
  360. Re: Feedback on ISSUE-27 poll feedback, Re: ISSUE-27: rel-ownership - Straw Poll for Objections (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-03-28)
  361. Re: example spec text for longdesc (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2011-03-28)
  362. Re: example spec text for longdesc (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-03-26)
  363. Re: Specifying longdesc to make it more useful, robust, and encourage better user agent implementation (from joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie on 2011-03-22)
  364. Specifying longdesc to make it more useful, robust, and encourage better user agent implementation (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2011-03-14)
  365. RE: To the HTML Co-Chairs: comments regarding longdesc (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2011-03-13)
  366. Re: To the HTML Co-Chairs: comments regarding longdesc (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-03-11)
  367. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2011-03-03: Issues, Decisions, Task Force Reports, and Other Business (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2011-03-04)
  368. RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2011-03-03: Issues, Decisions, Task Force Reports, and Other Business (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2011-03-03)
  369. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2011-03-03: Issues, Decisions, Task Force Reports, and Other Business (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-03-02)
  370. Re: Chair’s decision to reopen ISSUE-30 (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2011-03-02)
  371. Chair’s decision to reopen ISSUE-30 (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2011-03-02)
  372. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2011-02-24: Action items and Issues (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2011-02-24)
  373. Re: Request to reopen HTML-ISSUE-30 (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2011-02-24)
  374. RE: Request to reopen HTML-ISSUE-30 (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2011-02-24)
  375. Re: Request to reopen HTML-ISSUE-30 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-02-24)
  376. Re: Request to reopen HTML-ISSUE-30 (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2011-02-24)
  377. Re: Request to reopen HTML-ISSUE-30 (from eoconnor@apple.com on 2011-02-24)
  378. Re: Request to reopen HTML-ISSUE-30 (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2011-02-23)
  379. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2011-02-24: Action items and Issues (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2011-02-23)
  380. Re: Request to reopen HTML-ISSUE-30 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-02-23)
  381. Re: Request to reopen HTML-ISSUE-30 (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2011-02-23)
  382. Re: Request to reopen HTML-ISSUE-30 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2011-02-23)
  383. Re: Request to reopen HTML-ISSUE-30 (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2011-02-21)
  384. Re: Request to reopen HTML-ISSUE-30 (from eoconnor@apple.com on 2011-02-21)
  385. Request to reopen HTML-ISSUE-30 (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2011-02-21)
  386. [Bug 10853] New: HTML5 lacks a verbose description mechanism (from bugzilla@jessica.w3.org on 2010-09-30)
  387. [Bug 10434] Mint a link type for pointing to long descriptions (rel='longdesc') (from bugzilla@jessica.w3.org on 2010-09-03)
  388. HTML Working Group Status (from plh@w3.org on 2010-08-27)
  389. {minutes} } HTML WG telecon 2010-08-26, action items, state of various issues (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-08-27)
  390. Re: ISSUE-116: Would a separate document work? (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-08-25)
  391. RE: ISSUE-116: Would a separate document work? (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2010-08-25)
  392. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-08-26, action items, state of various issues (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-08-25)
  393. RE: Formal Objection to ISSUE-30 (Was: Letter to the Team Contact - ISSUE-30.) (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-08-25)
  394. Formal Objection to ISSUE-30 (Was: Letter to the Team Contact - ISSUE-30.) (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-08-23)
  395. Re: Status of Leif's Appeal / Issue 30 Objections (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-08-21)
  396. Status of Leif's Appeal / Issue 30 Objections (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2010-08-19)
  397. RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2010-08-19: WG decisions, Decision Policy, TF reports (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-08-19)
  398. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-30 longdesc (from joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie on 2010-08-19)
  399. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-08-19: WG decisions, Decision Policy, TF reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-08-17)
  400. RE: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-30 longdesc (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2010-08-16)
  401. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-30 longdesc (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2010-08-16)
  402. Re: Letter to the Team Contact - ISSUE-30. (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-08-15)
  403. Re: Letter to the Team Contact - ISSUE-30. (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-08-14)
  404. Re: Letter to the Team Contact - ISSUE-30. (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-08-13)
  405. RE: Letter to the Team Contact - ISSUE-30. (from plh@w3.org on 2010-08-13)
  406. Re: Letter to the Team Contact - ISSUE-30. (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-08-13)
  407. RE: Letter to the Team Contact - ISSUE-30. (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-08-13)
  408. RE: Letter to the Team Contact - ISSUE-30. (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-08-13)
  409. Re: Letter to the Team Contact - ISSUE-30. (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-08-13)
  410. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-30 longdesc (from dboudreau@webconforme.com on 2010-08-13)
  411. Re: Letter to the Team Contact - ISSUE-30. (from plh@w3.org on 2010-08-13)
  412. Letter to the Team Contact - ISSUE-30. (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-08-13)
  413. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-30 longdesc (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-08-13)
  414. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-30 longdesc (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2010-08-13)
  415. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-30 longdesc (from lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au on 2010-08-13)
  416. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-30 longdesc (from aurelien.levy@free.fr on 2010-08-13)
  417. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-30 longdesc (from fielding@gbiv.com on 2010-08-13)
  418. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-30 longdesc (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-08-13)
  419. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-30 longdesc (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-08-13)
  420. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-30 longdesc (from karl+w3c@la-grange.net on 2010-08-12)
  421. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-30 longdesc (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2010-08-12)
  422. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-30 longdesc (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-08-12)
  423. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-30 longdesc (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-08-12)
  424. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-30 longdesc (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-08-11)
  425. Re: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-30 longdesc (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-08-11)
  426. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-08-12: action 29; issues 116, 30, 109, 27; bugs 9894, 10066 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-08-11)
  427. Working Group Decision on ISSUE-30 longdesc (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-08-11)
  428. RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2010-08-04 [task force week] (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-08-05)
  429. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-08-04 [task force week] (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-08-04)
  430. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-29, WG decisions, issue review, WG surveys (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-07-29)
  431. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-29, WG decisions, issue review, WG surveys (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-07-27)
  432. RE: {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-22 (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-07-22)
  433. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-22 (from eliotgra@microsoft.com on 2010-07-22)
  434. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-22 (from krisk@microsoft.com on 2010-07-22)
  435. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-22 (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-07-21)
  436. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-15 (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-07-15)
  437. Re: issue-30 and author conformance requirements (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2010-07-14)
  438. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-15: note new dial-in numbers for Paris and London (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-07-14)
  439. Re: issue-30 and author conformance requirements (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-07-13)
  440. Re: issue-30 and author conformance requirements (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2010-07-13)
  441. {minutes} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-08: actions, issues, decisions, revised proposals, future surveys, TF reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-07-08)
  442. FW: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-08: actions, issues, decisions, revised proposals, future surveys, TF reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-07-07)
  443. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-08: actions, issues, decisions, revised proposals, future surveys, TF reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-07-07)
  444. ISSUE-30, a poll replies comment (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-07-04)
  445. [minutes] 20100701 HTML WG (from plh@w3.org on 2010-07-01)
  446. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-01: issues, surveys, decisions, publication status, TF reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-06-30)
  447. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-01: issues, surveys, decisions, publication status, TF reports (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-06-30)
  448. {minutes} } HTML WG telecon 2010-07-24: issues, surveys, decisions, publication status, TF reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-06-25)
  449. Re: ISSUE-30: longdesc - Straw Poll for Objections (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-23)
  450. Fwd: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-24: issues, surveys, decisions, publication status, TF reports (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-23)
  451. ISSUE-30: longdesc - Straw Poll for Objections (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-06-23)
  452. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-04-29: Action items, new issues, Task Force reports - minutes of the meeting (from adrianba@microsoft.com on 2010-04-29)
  453. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-04-22: Action items, issues, decision policy, A11Y recommendations, polyglot spec (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-04-21)
  454. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-04-22: Action items, issues, decision policy, A11Y recommendations, polyglot spec (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-04-21)
  455. Fwd: HTML-A11Y Task Force Recommendation: ISSUE-30, longdesc (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-04-21)
  456. Minutes of HTML WG meeting, Apr 15 2010 (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-04-19)
  457. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-04-15: Action items, issues, decision policy, task forces, TPAC (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-04-14)
  458. [minutes] 20100325 HTML teleconference (from plh@w3.org on 2010-03-30)
  459. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-03-25: decision policy, issue status, updates from meetings, task force reports (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-24)
  460. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-03-25: decision policy, issue status, updates from meetings, task force reports (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-24)
  461. Re: Breakdown of issues (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-12)
  462. Breakdown of issues (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-12)
  463. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-03-11: decision policy, proposals, task forces (from singer@apple.com on 2010-03-11)
  464. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-03-11: decision policy, proposals, task forces (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-10)
  465. Re: Counter change-proposal for ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from singer@apple.com on 2010-03-02)
  466. RE: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from lrosenth@adobe.com on 2010-03-01)
  467. RE: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from lrosenth@adobe.com on 2010-02-28)
  468. Re: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-02-28)
  469. RE: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from LMM@acm.org on 2010-02-28)
  470. RE: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from LMM@acm.org on 2010-02-28)
  471. RE: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from LMM@acm.org on 2010-02-28)
  472. Re: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from w3c@adambarth.com on 2010-02-27)
  473. RE: ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from LMM@acm.org on 2010-02-27)
  474. ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from LMM@acm.org on 2010-02-27)
  475. Re: Counter change-proposal for ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2010-02-27)
  476. RE: Counter change-proposal for ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from LMM@acm.org on 2010-02-26)
  477. Re: Counter change-proposal for ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2010-02-26)
  478. RE: Counter change-proposal for ISSUE-4 (html-versioning) (vs. ISSUE-30 longdesc) (from masinter@adobe.com on 2010-02-26)
  479. Re: ISSUE-30 counter-proposal (update) (from shelleypowers@burningbird.net on 2010-02-23)
  480. Re: Alternate proposal for ISSUE-30 longdesc (from joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie on 2010-02-23)
  481. Re: Alternate proposal for ISSUE-30 longdesc (from ian@hixie.ch on 2010-02-23)
  482. Re: Alternate proposal for ISSUE-30 longdesc (from joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie on 2010-02-23)
  483. ISSUE-30 counter-proposal (update) (from ian@hixie.ch on 2010-02-23)
  484. RE: Alternate proposal for ISSUE-30 longdesc (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2010-02-22)
  485. Re: Alternate proposal for ISSUE-30 longdesc (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-02-22)
  486. Re: Alternate proposal for ISSUE-30 longdesc (from shelleypowers@burningbird.net on 2010-02-22)
  487. Re: Alternate proposal for ISSUE-30 longdesc (from shelleypowers@burningbird.net on 2010-02-22)
  488. Re: Alternate proposal for ISSUE-30 longdesc (from ian@hixie.ch on 2010-02-22)
  489. Re: Alternate proposal for ISSUE-30 longdesc (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-02-22)
  490. Re: Alternate proposal for ISSUE-30 longdesc (from Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com on 2010-02-22)
  491. Re: Alternate proposal for ISSUE-30 longdesc (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2010-02-22)
  492. Re: Alternate proposal for ISSUE-30 longdesc (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-22)
  493. Re: Alternate proposal for ISSUE-30 longdesc (from chaals@opera.com on 2010-02-22)
  494. Re: Alternate proposal for ISSUE-30 longdesc (from mattmay@adobe.com on 2010-02-22)
  495. Re: Alternate proposal for ISSUE-30 longdesc (from singer@apple.com on 2010-02-22)
  496. Re: Alternate proposal for ISSUE-30 longdesc (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-22)
  497. Re: Alternate proposal for ISSUE-30 longdesc (from pjt47@cam.ac.uk on 2010-02-22)
  498. Re: Alternate proposal for ISSUE-30 longdesc (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2010-02-22)
  499. Re: Alternate proposal for ISSUE-30 longdesc (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-22)
  500. Re: Alternate proposal for ISSUE-30 longdesc (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2010-02-22)
  501. Re: Alternate proposal for ISSUE-30 longdesc (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-22)
  502. Re: Alternate proposal for ISSUE-30 longdesc (from chaals@opera.com on 2010-02-22)
  503. Re: Alternate proposal for ISSUE-30 longdesc (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-02-22)
  504. Re: Alternate proposal for ISSUE-30 longdesc (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2010-02-22)
  505. Re: Alternate proposal for ISSUE-30 longdesc (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-22)
  506. Re: Alternate proposal for ISSUE-30 longdesc (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2010-02-22)
  507. Alternate proposal for ISSUE-30 longdesc (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-22)
  508. Re: Issue 85 and (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-02-18)
  509. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-02-18: actions, issues, publication (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-02-18)
  510. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-02-18: actions, issues, publication (from geoff_freed@wgbh.org on 2010-02-17)
  511. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-02-18: actions, issues, publication (from janina@rednote.net on 2010-02-17)
  512. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-02-18: actions, issues, publication (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-17)
  513. Re: ISSUE-30 counter-proposal (from joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie on 2010-02-17)
  514. Re: ISSUE-30 counter-proposal (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-02-16)
  515. Re: ISSUE-30 counter-proposal (from ian@hixie.ch on 2010-02-16)
  516. Re: ISSUE-30 counter-proposal (from joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie on 2010-02-16)
  517. Re: ISSUE-30 counter-proposal (from chaals@opera.com on 2010-02-16)
  518. Re: ISSUE-30 counter-proposal (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-02-15)
  519. Re: ISSUE-30 counter-proposal (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-15)
  520. Re: ISSUE-30 counter-proposal (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-02-15)
  521. Re: ISSUE-30 counter-proposal (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-02-15)
  522. Re: ISSUE-30 counter-proposal (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2010-02-15)
  523. Re: ISSUE-30 counter-proposal (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-02-15)
  524. Re: ISSUE-30 counter-proposal (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-14)
  525. Re: ISSUE-30 counter-proposal (from shelleypowers@burningbird.net on 2010-02-14)
  526. Re: ISSUE-30 counter-proposal (from shelleypowers@burningbird.net on 2010-02-14)
  527. Re: ISSUE-30 counter-proposal (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-14)
  528. Re: ISSUE-30 counter-proposal (from jackalmage@gmail.com on 2010-02-14)
  529. Re: ISSUE-30 counter-proposal (from shelleypowers@burningbird.net on 2010-02-14)
  530. Re: ISSUE-30 counter-proposal (from shelleypowers@burningbird.net on 2010-02-14)
  531. Re: ISSUE-30 counter-proposal (from pjt47@cam.ac.uk on 2010-02-14)
  532. Re: ISSUE-30 counter-proposal (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-14)
  533. Re: ISSUE-30 counter-proposal (from shelleypowers@burningbird.net on 2010-02-14)
  534. ISSUE-30 counter-proposal (from ian@hixie.ch on 2010-02-14)
  535. [VER 2] {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-01-21: AIs, CfC/CfPs, and heartbeat docs (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-01-21)
  536. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-01-21: AIs, CfC/CfPs, and heartbeat docs (from singer@apple.com on 2010-01-21)
  537. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-01-21: AIs, CfC/CfPs, and heartbeat docs (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-01-20)
  538. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-01-21: AIs, CfC/CfPs, and heartbeat docs (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-01-20)
  539. Re: ISSUE-30: longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-01-14)
  540. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-01-14: AIs, CfC/CfPs, TFs, plus: heartbeat docs (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2010-01-13)
  541. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-01-14: AIs, CfC/CfPs, TFs, plus: heartbeat docs (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-01-13)
  542. Re: ISSUE-30: longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2010-01-13)
  543. Re: ISSUE-30: longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-01-13)
  544. Re: ISSUE-30: longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2010-01-13)
  545. ISSUE-30: longdesc - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-01-13)
  546. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-01-07 (from ishida@w3.org on 2010-01-11)
  547. {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-01-07 (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-01-06)
  548. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-01-03)
  549. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2009-12-18)
  550. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from chaals@opera.com on 2009-12-17)
  551. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2009-12-17)
  552. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2009-12-17)
  553. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-17)
  554. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from chaals@opera.com on 2009-12-17)
  555. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-12-17: action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task forces (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-12-15)
  556. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-12-17: action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task forces (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-12-15)
  557. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-29: action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task forces (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-12-10)
  558. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-29: action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task forces (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-12-10)
  559. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-29: action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task forces (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-12-09)
  560. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-08)
  561. Minutes HTML WG 3 December 2009 (from cooper@w3.org on 2009-12-03)
  562. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-12-3: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task force reports (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-12-02)
  563. [minutes] HTML WG call 20091119 (from plh@w3.org on 2009-11-19)
  564. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-11-19: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task force reports (from oradnio@gmail.com on 2009-11-19)
  565. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-11-19: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task force reports (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2009-11-19)
  566. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-11-19: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task force reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-11-18)
  567. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-11-19: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task force reports (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2009-11-18)
  568. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from chaals@opera.com on 2009-11-09)
  569. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc): WebAIM 2009 survey (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-11-02)
  570. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-11-02)
  571. ISSUE-30 (Longdesc): WebAIM 2009 survey (from steveax@pobox.com on 2009-11-02)
  572. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-30)
  573. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-30)
  574. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-30)
  575. RE: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2009-10-30)
  576. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-30)
  577. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie on 2009-10-30)
  578. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-30)
  579. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-30)
  580. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie on 2009-10-30)
  581. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie on 2009-10-30)
  582. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-30)
  583. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-30)
  584. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie on 2009-10-30)
  585. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie on 2009-10-30)
  586. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie on 2009-10-30)
  587. RE: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2009-10-30)
  588. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie on 2009-10-30)
  589. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-30)
  590. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-30)
  591. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-30)
  592. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-30)
  593. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie on 2009-10-30)
  594. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie on 2009-10-30)
  595. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-30)
  596. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-30)
  597. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-30)
  598. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie on 2009-10-30)
  599. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie on 2009-10-30)
  600. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-30)
  601. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-29)
  602. RE: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2009-10-29)
  603. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-29)
  604. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from redux@splintered.co.uk on 2009-10-29)
  605. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-29)
  606. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-29)
  607. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-29)
  608. minutes Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-29: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task forces, F2F... (from cooper@w3.org on 2009-10-29)
  609. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from chaals@opera.com on 2009-10-29)
  610. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-29)
  611. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from chaals@opera.com on 2009-10-29)
  612. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-29: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task forces, F2F... (from singer@apple.com on 2009-10-29)
  613. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-29)
  614. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-29)
  615. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-29)
  616. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-28)
  617. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-28)
  618. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-28)
  619. RE: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2009-10-28)
  620. RE: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2009-10-28)
  621. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-28)
  622. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-28)
  623. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-28)
  624. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-28)
  625. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-28)
  626. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-10-29: issues, action items, calls for consensus/proposals, task forces, F2F... (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-10-28)
  627. RE: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2009-10-28)
  628. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-28)
  629. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2009-10-28)
  630. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2009-10-28)
  631. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-10-28)
  632. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from annevk@opera.com on 2009-10-28)
  633. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2009-10-28)
  634. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-27)
  635. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-27)
  636. RE: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2009-10-27)
  637. RE: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2009-10-27)
  638. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-27)
  639. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-27)
  640. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-27)
  641. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-27)
  642. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au on 2009-10-27)
  643. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from Kyle@mindfly.net on 2009-10-26)
  644. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-26)
  645. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-26)
  646. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-10-26)
  647. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-26)
  648. RE: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from jfoliot@stanford.edu on 2009-10-26)
  649. Re: ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no on 2009-10-26)
  650. ISSUE-30 (Longdesc) Change Proposal (from chaals@opera.com on 2009-10-26)
  651. Chairs Solicit Proposals or recommend closing for issues: 4, 7, 14, 30, 63 (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-10-26)
  652. ISSUE-30: longdesc - Chairs Solicit Proposals (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-10-26)
  653. Re: closing issue-30 longdesc in favor of aria-describedby [was: Consolidated issues ...] (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-09-02)
  654. Re: closing issue-30 longdesc in favor of aria-describedby [was: Consolidated issues ...] (from chaals@opera.com on 2009-09-02)
  655. State of HTML WG Unresolved Issues (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-20)
  656. Re: closing issue-30 longdesc in favor of aria-describedby [was: Consolidated issues ...] (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-12)
  657. Re: closing issue-30 longdesc in favor of aria-describedby [was: Consolidated issues ...] (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-12)
  658. Re: closing issue-30 longdesc in favor of aria-describedby [was: Consolidated issues ...] (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2009-08-12)
  659. Re: Consolidated issues that may qualify as 'controversial' (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-08-12)
  660. Re: closing issue-30 longdesc in favor of aria-describedby [was: Consolidated issues ...] (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-12)
  661. Re: closing issue-30 longdesc in favor of aria-describedby [was: Consolidated issues ...] (from laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com on 2009-08-12)
  662. Re: closing issue-30 longdesc in favor of aria-describedby [was: Consolidated issues ...] (from connolly@w3.org on 2009-08-12)
  663. Re: Consolidated issues that may qualify as 'controversial' (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2009-08-12)
  664. Re: Consolidated issues that may qualify as 'controversial' (from lhs@malform.no on 2009-08-12)
  665. Re: Consolidated issues that may qualify as 'controversial' (from jonas@sicking.cc on 2009-08-12)
  666. Re: Consolidated issues that may qualify as 'controversial' (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2009-08-12)
  667. Re: Consolidated issues that may qualify as 'controversial' (from shelleyp@burningbird.net on 2009-08-12)
  668. Re: Consolidated issues that may qualify as 'controversial' (from lhs@malform.no on 2009-08-12)
  669. Re: Consolidated issues that may qualify as 'controversial' (from hsivonen@iki.fi on 2009-08-12)
  670. Re: Consolidated issues that may qualify as 'controversial' (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-12)
  671. Consolidated issues that may qualify as 'controversial' (from mjs@apple.com on 2009-08-12)
  672. alt text... (from chaals@opera.com on 2009-04-27)
  673. Re: Need differentiator between 'no alt text provided' and 'no alt text necessary' (from ian@hixie.ch on 2009-04-25)
  674. Re: Thoughts towards an accessible <canvas> (from chaals@opera.com on 2009-03-21)
  675. Re: Need differentiator between 'no alt text provided' and 'no alt text necessary' (from chaals@opera.com on 2009-02-12)
  676. Re: Use-case for where alt text would be truly unavailable (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2008-04-18)
  677. Re: Use-case for where alt text would be truly unavailable (from raman@google.com on 2008-04-16)
  678. Re: Use-case for where alt text would be truly unavailable (from chaals@opera.com on 2008-04-16)
  679. Re: Propose removal or modification of the 'Rorschach inkblot test' example and accompanying text. (from chaals@opera.com on 2008-04-14)
  680. Re: ISSUE-30 longdesc Re: Clarification of rational for deprecation... (from chaals@opera.com on 2008-02-06)
  681. Re: ISSUE-30 longdesc Re: Clarification of rational for deprecation... (from jg307@cam.ac.uk on 2008-02-06)
  682. Re: ISSUE-30 longdesc Re: Clarification of rational for deprecation... (from chaals@opera.com on 2008-02-06)
  683. Re: ISSUE-30 longdesc Re: Clarification of rational for deprecation... (from jg307@cam.ac.uk on 2008-02-06)
  684. ISSUE-30 (longdesc): Should HTML 5 include a longdesc attribute for images [HTML 5 spec] (from sysbot+tracker@w3.org on 2008-02-06)

Related notes:

http://www.w3.org/mid/op.t53q9pb0wxe0ny@pc130.chandigarh.osa is a followup...

Charles McCathie Nevile, 6 Feb 2008, 12:41:41

Should consider aria-describedby as an alternative see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Feb/0273.html and following emails

James Graham, 18 Feb 2008, 14:43:40

More research data: http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/Longdesc_usage

Shawn Medero, 8 Sep 2008, 17:49:11

Longdesc Change Proposal From Charles McCathieNevile
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Oct/0949.html

Laura Carlson, 26 Oct 2009, 18:03:42

Moving to OPEN state since we have a Change Proposal.

Maciej Stachowiak, 8 Dec 2009, 23:47:27

ISSUE-30: include a longdesc attribute for images - Straw Poll for Objections
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-30-objection-poll/results

Laura Carlson, 1 Jul 2010, 12:22:00

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Aug/0112.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Aug/att-0112/issue-30-decision.html

Sam Ruby, 13 Aug 2010, 14:05:38

WG Decisions to pursue this issue as extension specifications, with the possibility of reintegration into HTML 5.0, 5.1, or 5.2 per the reintegration policy: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2012Oct/0105.html

Sam Ruby, 18 Jan 2013, 16:07:43

Display change log ATOM feed


Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Chairs, Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>, Staff Contact
Tracker: documentation, (configuration for this group), originally developed by Dean Jackson, is developed and maintained by the Systems Team <w3t-sys@w3.org>.
$Id: index.php,v 1.323 2013-12-19 14:47:09 dom Exp $