ISSUE-102: Registration procedure for meta/@name

meta-name-registry

Registration procedure for meta/@name

State:
CLOSED
Product:
HTML 5 spec
Raised by:
Julian Reschke
Opened on:
2010-02-16
Description:
originally raised as http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8727:

"The spec currently points to <http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/MetaExtensions> for
the registration procedure. That's a problem in itself, as the registration
procedure should be part of the spec and not a moving target (which I think a
Wiki entry is).

The wiki page itself says:

"Process

For the "Status" section to be changed to "Accepted", the proposed keyword must
be defined by a W3C specification in the Candidate Recommendation or
Recommendation state. If it fails to go through this process, it is
"Unendorsed".

..."

This text should be part of the HTML5 spec. Whether a Wiki is a good registry,
and whether the registration requirements themselves make sense are orthogonal
issues."

HTML5-SPEC-SECTIONS [other-metadata-names]
Related Actions Items:
No related actions
Related emails:
  1. Re: ISSUE-102 (meta-name-registry): Chairs Solicit Proposals (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2011-01-18)
  2. Re: CORRECTION ISSUE-78 (urls-terminology): Chairs Solicit Proposals (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-04-28)
  3. Minutes of HTML WG meeting, Apr 8 2010 (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-04-08)
  4. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-04-08: calls for proposals, issue status (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-04-07)
  5. Re: Reminder of Change Proposal deadlines today (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-04-06)
  6. Reminder of Change Proposal deadlines today (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-04-05)
  7. [minutes] 2010-04-01 HTML Teleconference (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-04-01)
  8. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-04-01: action items, decision policy update, issue status (from shelley.just@gmail.com on 2010-03-30)
  9. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-04-01: action items, decision policy update, issue status (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-03-30)
  10. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-04-01: action items, decision policy update, issue status (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-03-30)
  11. CORRECTION ISSUE-78 (urls-terminology): Chairs Solicit Proposals (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-24)
  12. Re: ISSUE-78 (meta-name-registry): Chairs Solicit Proposals (from karl+w3c@la-grange.net on 2010-03-24)
  13. Re: Breakdown of issues (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-12)
  14. Breakdown of issues (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-03-12)
  15. [minutes] HTML WG 2010004 (from plh@w3.org on 2010-03-04)
  16. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-03-04: actions, publications, decision policy, issues (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-03-03)
  17. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-03-04: actions, publications, decision policy, issues (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-03-03)
  18. ISSUE-102 (meta-name-registry): Chairs Solicit Proposals (from rubys@intertwingly.net on 2010-03-03)
  19. Re: Discussion on ISSUE-79: meta-keywords (from julian.reschke@gmx.de on 2010-02-25)
  20. Re: Issue 85 and (from faulkner.steve@gmail.com on 2010-02-18)
  21. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-02-18: actions, issues, publication (from Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com on 2010-02-18)
  22. RE: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-02-18: actions, issues, publication (from geoff_freed@wgbh.org on 2010-02-17)
  23. Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-02-18: actions, issues, publication (from janina@rednote.net on 2010-02-17)
  24. {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-02-18: actions, issues, publication (from mjs@apple.com on 2010-02-17)
  25. [Bug 8727] registration procedure for meta/@name values (from bugzilla@wiggum.w3.org on 2010-02-16)
  26. ISSUE-102 (meta-name-registry): Registration procedure for meta/@name [HTML 5 spec] (from sysbot+tracker@w3.org on 2010-02-16)

Related notes:

closed without prejudice due to lack of proposals by deadline

Sam Ruby, 8 Apr 2010, 16:16:59

Display change log ATOM feed


Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Chairs, Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>, Staff Contact
Tracker: documentation, (configuration for this group), originally developed by Dean Jackson, is developed and maintained by the Systems Team <w3t-sys@w3.org>.
$Id: index.php,v 1.323 2013-12-19 14:47:09 dom Exp $