Data Catalog Vocabulary/2010-04-22
From W3C eGovernment Wiki
See meeting minutes
- Thursday, 22 April 2010, for 60 minutes
- Starting 8am San Francisco, 11am Boston, 4pm London, 5pm Paris, 1500 UTC
To join the audio meeting:
- +1.617.761.6200, +33.4.89.06.34.99 or +44.117.370.6152, Conf Code: 3468 ("EGOV")
- Please dial 61# to mute yourself, 60# to unmute, 41# to raise your hand
- More instructions: http://www.w3.org/2002/01/UsingZakim
To join for additional text chat:
- IRC: irc.w3.org:6665 channel #egov
- Anyone new?
- Scribe for next meeting?
Presentations of existing work
3-5 minutes per topic; material (examples etc) should be prepared and placed on the wiki in advance!
- Brief Intro to Dublin Core and SKOS (Ed)
- Sunlight Labs API proposal (David, Luigi) (awaiting confirmation)
- DERI's dcat proposal (Fadi)
- CTIC's Dataset Catalog Vocabulary and “meta-catalog” (Martin)
- RPI's Data-gov Vocabulary Proposal (probably present for the next time)
Atom and dataset updates
- What role can Atom play in dataset catalogs?
- Notify consumers about dataset updates?
- API for manipulating catalog entries (AtomPub)?
- Bundling individual dataset records into a catalog (see Atom use in opengov.se)?
- dcat in atom strawman
- Any use cases that RDF doesn't address?
Scope and Deliverables for this group
- Vocabulary Reference Document (HTML and RDFS)
- Use Cases? Requirements?
- Test cases?