View Individual Comment
- Sort Terms: next-tab
- Document: WCAG 2.0 Guidelines
- Submitter: Al Gilman <Alfred.S.Gilman@IEEE.org>
- Source: Archived Comment
- Comment Type: substantive
- Location: consistent-behavior-unpredictable-change (obstacle: "beyond moving to the next field in tab order")
- Status: Resolved (comment partially accepted). Response Status: 79
Exception for moving to next in tab order is not in agreement with customary GUI behavior that the user is accustomed to and will expect.
The baseline should be customary GUI behavior, not next in TAB order.
Resolution - Pending Response:
We have removed the exception from SC 3.2.2. Advancing to the next field in tab order is only permitted if the user has been warned in advance about this behavior.
- Related Issues:
- Assigned To: Nobody
- Last Edited: 2007-07-09 14:21:52