Important note: This Wiki page is edited by participants of the EOWG. It does not necessarily represent consensus and it may have incorrect information or information that is not supported by other Working Group participants, WAI, or W3C. It may also have some very useful information.
WAI in the community
From Education & Outreach
Motivations for contributing to WAI
- Get something back from contributing time & effort
- Contribute to the body of knowledge
- Build own skills
- Name recognition in greater community
- certain level of formality needed; yet also desire for less formal community
- calls for actions not clear, e.g., in overview pages
Why do people develop material that we already have at WAI?
- people don't know resources are there
- if I think of something, do I even go check the WAI website to see if it's there?
- not developed here - just want to do own version
- overall - too complex (e.g., can't get quick answer)