Important note: This Wiki page is edited by participants of the EOWG. It does not necessarily represent consensus and it may have incorrect information or information that is not supported by other Working Group participants, WAI, or W3C. It may also have some very useful information.
Easy Checks changelog
This page lists changes to Easy Checks - A First Review of Web Accessibility since the draft was posted in June 2013.
Status 20 December 2013: The text content is pretty stable. We are making only a few minor edits. We are now working on the images, which we plan to finish in October 2015.
- December 11-20:
- Intro - added "Additional evaluation guidance is available from: ..." & 3 links
- screen reader explanation - clarified and simplified
- "To check page title with different browsers" section - updated image, changed order
- Image text alternatives ("alt text") section - minor tweaks to Tips and the first sentence under "Alt text checks"
- Keyboard access and visual focus - edited second paragraph and moved illustration from lower down up to here
- Contrast - added section "Checking contrast with FF"
- Forms, Labels, and Errors - added "To check labels if you're comfortable looking at the HTML markup" section. changed headin from just "Forms". added under check with BAD, "Also, the page title includes "Submission Failed".".
- Basic Structure Check - changed section title from Plain Content View
- and a few other minor tweaks, including "EDIT"s from 20 Dec minutes
- November 4
- Resize Text section - significant edits
- Page Title section - moved content around
- Keyboard section - minor edits
- Using these Easy checks - added first section
- Minor edits, such as: in learn more about Headings, deleted links to techniques
- September 17
- Corrected "(for example, for left-to-right languages: top to bottom, left to right)"
- July 2:
- Added Forms section
- Added Plain Content View section
- July 1:
- Added markup to Background
- Added "optional" to heading: Tools: FF Toolbar and IE WAT (optional)</span>
- Added list of things not covered in Encourage thorough accessibility evaluation section
- Added placeholder for new section: Plain Content View
- June: minor edits, most of which are listed in this Easy Checks Comments wiki page