[DRAFT] Requirements/Analysis and changelog for WAI-ARIA documents for education & outreach
(This page updated $Date: 2007/11/23 21:40:15 $ )
- Provide people the information they need about WAI-ARIA, given the extremely wide audience for the WAI-ARIA documents
- Don't overwhelm readers, especially at first
- See "Approach" below
- Provide "progressive disclosure" where people can easily get the basic information from the Overview and FAQ, and then link to more detailed and more technical information as they want.
- Overview first: Position the Overview as the first
document for everyone to read.
- Link to it near the front of all other documents.
- Do not repeat much from it in the other documents.
- Assume that readers of other documents have already read the Overview (although maybe not well and maybe not recently).
- Main purpose of the FAQ is to provide quick answers to key questions, concerns, and myths; and provide an approachable way into more details for those who want it.
- FAQ should be quickly skimmable and not very long.
- The FAQ is an optional document. Make sure key information is in other documents.
- Main purpose of the Primer is to provide the conceptual background and framework.
- (Lisa currently proposing content from the current Roadmap and recent draft Best Practices.)
- Best Practices Guide
- Main purpose is providing easy to follow instructions for content developers -- who want quick stuff and not unnecessary background.
- Keep this as minimalist as feasible, and point to other docs for additional material.
- Assume that readers know the information from the Overview only, not from the Primer or other technical documents.
- Being edited to be more of a Requirements document that defines PFWG's work on WAI-ARIA; taking out material of general interest
- Presentation Material
- About WAI-ARIA
- Applying WAI-ARIA