> EOWG Home Page > Preliminary Reviews
This page records change requests and changes made to the draft document Preliminary Review of Web Sites for Accessibility, which is part of the Evaluating Web Sites for Accessibility Resource Suite. Please send additions or corrections to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated on $Date: 2005/09/16 07:53:04 $ by $Author: shadi $
Notes as of 9 September, 2005
From discussions on the version of 7 September, 2005.
- [done] copyedit suggestions from Shawn Henry
- [done] reworded first paragraph according to suggestion
- [done] moved <h3> sections to <h2> level as suggested
- [done] matched page navigation titles to section headings
- [done] changed all section headings to lower case and removed numbering
- [done] revisted capitalization & ending punctuation
- [done] changed "step" to "task" where appropriate
- [done] copyedit suggestion from Andrew Arch
- changed the word "tab" to "navigate" so that it reflects the action rather than the keyboard key
- [done] copyedit suggestions from Pasquale Popolizio
- [done] revisited "Firefox", "e.g." and some other punctuation suggestions
- [done] reworded "tab" to "navigate" to clarify meaning, added "tab" as an example
Notes as of 24 June, 2005
From discussions on the version of 21 June, 2005.
- [done] increase caution level that review should not be used for conformance evaluation
- caution is now bolded
- [done] "it does not include every aspect of a Web site" add: "and not every checkpoint"
- "checkpoint" may be too jargony at this stage, added "accessibility aspect of a Web site"
- [done] refer to toolbar evalution tools in section 2 (for some of the checks)
- added note at the end of section 2 with links to some example toolbar tools
Notes as of 1 April, 2005
From discussions on the version of 30 March, 2005.
- [done] remove the number "1" from the introduction section
- [done] step 5, bullet 1: replace "best practices" with "positive aspects"
- [done] step 5, bullet 3: link text "conformance evaluation" to the actual document
- [done] consider adding Safari to the list of browsers
Copyright © 2005 W3C (MIT, ERCIM, Keio ), All Rights Reserved. W3C liability, trademark, document use and software licensing rules apply. Your interactions with this site are in accordance with our public and Member privacy statements.