> EOWG Home Page > Conformance Evaluation
This page records change requests and changes made to the draft document Conformance Evaluation of Web Sites for Accessibility, which is part of the Evaluating Web Sites for Accessibility Resource Suite. Please send additions or corrections to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last updated on $Date: 2005/09/16 07:53:04 $ by $Author: shadi $
Notes as of 9 September, 2005
From discussions on the version of 7 September, 2005.
- [done] copyedit suggestions from Shawn Henry
- [done] reworded first paragraph according to suggestion
- [done] moved <h3> sections to <h2> level as suggested
- [done] matched page navigation titles to section headings
- [done] changed all section headings to lower case and removed numbering
- [done] put back directions for "expanded page selection"
- [done] changed list items in "manual evaluations" as subsections
- [done] changed nested list in subsection "specialized browsers" to definition list
- [done] revisted capitalization & ending punctuation
- [done] changed "step" to "task" where appropriate
- [done] copyedit suggestions from Andrew Arch
- [done] comment #1: has been already addressed by comments from Shawn (see above)
- [done] comment #2: changed "tab" to "navigate" so that it reflects the action rather than the keyboard key
- [done] comment #3: there is already a note pointing to tools that can assist during these type of manual evaluations, added to future changes (see below)
- [done] comment #4: evaluating the links is already covered in the "specialized browsers" section, added to future changes (see below)
- [done] copyedit suggestions from Pasquale Popolizio
- [done] revisited "Firefox", "e.g." and some other punctuation suggestions
- [done] reworded "tab" to "navigate" to clarify meaning, added "tab" as an example
Notes on possiblities in the future:
- revisit color contrast evaluations and consider adding examplary (manual) tools
- revisit link-text evaluations and consider adding to "read content" section
Notes as of 24 June, 2005
From discussions on the version of 21 June, 2005.
- [done] remove the number "1" from the introduction section
- [done] flag term "comprehensive" in document title and throughout the suite
- [done] "introduction" and "scope" sections do not match content anymore (e.g. no user testing)
- [done] step 3: remove link from "graphical user interface browsers" which leads to prelimanry reviews
- [done] consider adding Safari to the list of browsers
- [done] step 5: fix broken link "expanded page selection"
- [done] add more line spacing between bullets, especially in step 3 for example
- [done] incoroprate changes from previous change logs
- [done] Change log from July 12, 2002: Add a caution about false positives: "Using at least two evaluation tools helps catch potential misidentification of accessibility problems that might result from using a single evaluation tool."
- [done] Change log from June 14, 2002: Clarify "Examine page selection using relevant level checkpoints" change to "Examine page selection using checkpoints that are applicable to your site"
- [done] Change requests from comments to EOWG editors' list: page selection section of comp. eval very confusing
- [done] Change requests from comments to EOWG editors' list: .1 "identify" change to "determine"
- [done] Change requests from comments to EOWG editors' list: in intro to section 3, replace all "comprehensive" with "conformance"
Copyright © 2005 W3C (MIT, ERCIM, Keio ), All Rights Reserved. W3C liability, trademark, document use and software licensing rules apply. Your interactions with this site are in accordance with our public and Member privacy statements.