> EOWG Home Page
Education and Outreach Working Group Meeting
July 29 - 30, 2002, Toronto, Canada
Participation is open to members of W3C/WAI's Education
and Outreach Working Group (EOWG) and to individuals interested in participating
in and contributing to the efforts of the EOWG. Any participants not already
members of the EOWG should read the EOWG Charter
and the how to join page, and send the requested
information to the EOWG Chair.
Pre-registration is required for everyone attending this
Industry Canada Offices
151 Yonge Street, 9th Floor
Important: EOWG participants should not register directly
with the hotel, but instead contact Dave Flanagan at +1.613.998.2280. He
will assign rooms within the reserved block for this meeting.
The Novotel Toronto Centre Hotel
45, the Esplanade
- Pearson International
- Toronto Island (closer, but mainly serves regional airlines)
Monday, July 29, 2002
- 8:30am: Continental breakfast
- 9:00am: EOWG meeting opens
- agenda review
- brief introductions
- review of current status of EOWG deliverables
- 9:30am: How People
with Disabilities Use the Web
- review of recent edits (to be available before the meeting)
- 10:30am: Break
- 10:45am: Revisit Review Teams for Accessible
- revisit concept of tutorials
and/or template development
- prioritize either templates/tutorials/or gallery
- 12:00pm: Lunch
- 1:00pm: Continue discussion on review teams, gallery, templates,
- 3:00pm: Break
- 3:15pm: Close out remainder of 2Q EOWG Deliverables
- check edits (to be available before the meeting) on:
- 5:00pm Adjourn
- 7:00pm Dinner
Tuesday, July 30, 2002
- 8:30am Continental breakfast
- 9:00am Business
Case for Web Accessibility
- re-introduction to "history" of developing this resource suite
- status of various pieces of the suite, including
- marketplace, auxiliary benefits, policy requirements, cost factors
- review of auxiliary
benefits updates. questions:
- are there any remaining problems with credibility of tone?
- in what areas do we need specific substantiation?
- any reactions to the model for reference links (available before
- are there sections of this document that should be moved to another
part of the resource suite?
- 10:30am Break
- 10:45am Business Case continued
- planning work on business case resource suite components
- addition of business case for ATAG (draft will be available
before tuesday's meeting)
- how should this document relate to the business case resource suite
-- should it be integrated, stand-alone, overlayed, or other?
- what should the structure and tone of the document be -- an outline
of questions; a ready-made, convincing, article?
- how should the title and the headers read, to best convey the meaning
of the document?
- who's willing to provide frequent review & feedback to Carlos
while he's drafting? (this is on fast-track development)
- 12:00pm Lunch
- 1:00pm WAI Home Page &
WAI Resource Page design
- revisit current info posted; need updates?
- explore design options to present info better
- 3:00pm Break
- 3:15pm Introductory materials for users?
- which of our current materials can be adapted?
- what additional materials might we need?
- 4:30pm Adjourn
Most readings are linked within the agenda above. Additional readings
with which participants should be familiar:
Last updated July 26, 2002 by firstname.lastname@example.org
Keio), All Rights Reserved. W3C liability,
document use and
rules apply. Your interactions with this site are in accordance with our