P3P Interoperability Testing Criteria
The following interoperability testing criteria represent goals for
implementers to work towards. To participate in the June 21 event,
implementers are NOT required to meet each of these criteria.
The W3C P3P Validator
and P3P Testbed can assist in
performing these tests. However, they do not provide an exhaustive test
- Does the policy generator generate valid policies and/or policy
- Is the policy file valid?
- Is the policy reference file valid?
- Can the user agent locate a policy reference file at the well-known
- Can the user agent locate a policy referenced in an HTTP header?
- Can the user agent locate a policy reference file referenced in an HTML
- Can the user agent locate and fetch a policy file?
- Can the user agent parse a policy file?
- Are policy files accurately represented to the user by the user
Last update 19 June 2000 by Patrick Feng