Re: ACTION: task force unasserted triples

At 11:33 AM -0500 4/24/02, Pat Hayes wrote:
>>At 12:31 PM -0500 4/23/02, Pat Hayes wrote:
>>
>>[snip]

[long snip]

>>If you won't accept it - let us know what you propose instead  --
>>otherwise we'll be forced to declare this issue closed and move on
>>(which would obviously be silly given the effort that has been put
>>into it)
>
>Nah, go ahead and declare it closed. What the f**k, OWL won't have a
>semantics, but you won't lose any sleep over that, right?

Pat - that's unfair, ad hominen and just plain wrong. I have worked
very hard to try to keep my personal views and my chairing views
separate - and if you think I haven't, the process for replacing a
chair is in [1].

   However, as chair I am taking the following position - if no
volunteer comes forward to say "I will take responsbility" then the
issue is noise, because it will never lead to something that appears
in a webont document. I will certainly not be editing the section of
our recommendation that discusses this issue, and I've seen no one
step forward and volunteer yet.  You folks have generated plenty of
mail, which is fine, but if it won't become part of our report, I
simply don't care.

If you want to argue this scientifically, politically, socially, etc.
than please take the issue to rdf-logic where it belongs.  If you
wish to discuss something that will lead to a web recommendation then
someone needs to give me and Guus some faith that something might end
up in our documents by the June target that the WG agreed to at the
f2f
  -JH

[1]

AV Williams Building, Univ of Maryland		  College Park, MD 20742
http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler