Re: Accordions as tabs

On 22/02/2024 18:08, Tobias Bengfort wrote:
> On a related note:
>
> I often see elements that look like tabs and use the tab/tablist roles,
> but do not implement the keyboard interactions defined in APG[1].
>
> My impression is that the interaction model of those "tabs" is much
> closer to that of accordions as described by APG[2].
>
> Would it be appropriate to use the roles and attributes of accordions in
> such a case, even if it looks like tabs?

With accordions/sequences of disclosure widgets, the content of the
opened widget comes directly after its trigger. If your underlying
structure matches this...sure, that could work.

Patrick H. Lauke

* https://www.splintered.co.uk/
* https://github.com/patrickhlauke
* https://flickr.com/photos/redux/