Re: Any Kiosk Accessibility resources?

Hi

1) Here is an article we did on this  • TOWARD UNIFIED GUIDELINES FOR KIOSK ACCESSIBILITY <http://interactions.acm.org/archive/view/july-august-2019/toward-unified-guidelines-for-kiosk-accessibility>
2) Trace <http://trace.umd.edu/> has been working on this for over 20 years
3) there are no good established guidelines for closed products.  The best there are right now are 508 <https://www.access-board.gov/guidelines-and-standards/communications-and-it/about-the-ict-refresh/final-rule/text-of-the-standards-and-guidelines> and EN 301 549  <https://www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi_en/301500_301599/301549/03.01.01_20/en_301549v030101a.pdf>  but it is hard to tease out the closed product bits on them so they are  hard to use for this area.
5) here is a folder with things that may be of interest  <https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/folders/1SXQixyRn1e5BTRmCKVdz6x8kHdeGOloy>
  This includes
 Unified Compilation of Guidelines <https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kVIjaJcunHFDr6N_zRXX_05KL5YuxMov> to let you view and compare relevant guidelines  (work in progress)  to help advance work in this area
1 - Introduction to the Problem <https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Z9AAHMmkxIHrZvi4ZQDr0R5EQ94vsbN->
2 - Known General Strategies for TouchScreen Access <https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YpuFG2wi-bojg6c8XdFJ56tktf291wu1>
Other information of interest

Our objective is to work collaboratively toward the development of a Unified Guidelines on Kiosks similar closed ITMs   (Information and Transaction Machines) in the future — that are agnostic to any approach but give simpler guidance to Kiosk and ITM developers.

People who are interested in putting time in serious time on guidelines for closed products like kiosks and ITM (it takes serious time to create good generic guidelines), please contact us at info@trace.umd.edu

We are gathering people now for a major effort to start later next year.

All the best

gregg

Gregg Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Director, Trace R&D Center
Professor, School of Information Studies
University of Maryland - College Park
Co-Director, Raising the Floor - International - http://Raisingthefloor.org <http://raisingthefloor.org/>
and the Global Public Inclusive Infrastructure Project -  http://GPII.net <http://gpii.net/>