Re: Question about applicability of authoring tool requirements

Yeah, when I worked on the original Authoring Tool Accessibility
Guidelines in W3C two decades ago we basically covered anything that
people used to create
or manipulate content for putting on the web. I don't think anything has
happened that would suggest that should change.

So stuff that is used for commenting, uploading User-Generated Content and
the like is definitely in there, even if it is mostly a feature of a
website. (Turns out that a large part of what applies is the same
requirements as for interactive websites, but there are a few extra things
that are really important, and a few common things that are
extra-important in the contexts of authoring environments.

(A video editing suite and a rich text editor are pretty different. Which
is why covering "authoring tools" is actually a hard - and therefore
really interesting - challenge technically).

cheers