Re: plain text has its points

At 09:37 a.m. 12/07/98 -0500, Al Gilman wrote:
>There are two sides to this coin.  Markup, in use, can become a
>cover for laziness in verbalizing the message.  The tags may
>siphon information out of the text, not just add new information.

Well, that's _bad_ markup.  We're talking about properly done
HTML, I hope. :)

It's my contention that a properly done HTML page is miles
ahead of plain text for accessibility -- given properly made
user agents.

--
Kynn Bartlett  <kynn@idyllmtn.com>             http://www.idyllmtn.com/~kynn/
Chief Technologist & Co-Owner, Idyll Mountain Internet; Fullerton, California