-Alastair

From: Michael Gower
Date: Monday, 11 March 2024 at 22:26

The following email outlines the updates proposed and implemented by the WCAG 2 Task Force. It provides a two-week window for Working Group members to review WCAG 2 updates, and consists of changes in three categories.

How to provide feedback

For proposed substantive or editorial changes:

  1.  Give a thumbs up on the pull request description to agree. (We are looking for >4)
  2.  Or provide feedback in the Conversation to request changes

Based on feedback, those changes will be merged or brought back for another review.

For proposed draft responses to issues, give a thumbs up or comment.

If you spot a problem with an implemented bug fix, open a new issue.

Proposed substantive changes (changes that meaningfully add or alter existing non-normative guidance)

  *   Improve readability of Understanding 2.5.8 - target size minimum text #3699<https://github.com/w3c/wcag/pull/3699>

Proposed editorial changes (small improvements to language intended to clarify existing guidance)
Syntax highlighting for html techniques #3381<https://github.com/w3c/wcag/pull/3381>
Editorial: target size 'equivalent' understanding doc update #3735<https://github.com/w3c/wcag/pull/3735>
Amend the note for focus appearance #3657<https://github.com/w3c/wcag/pull/3657>
Proposed responses to issues (for which we are not going to create a PR)

  *   Would related techniques properly cross-reference each other? #3584<https://github.com/w3c/wcag/issues/3584>

Implemented bug fixes (trivial editorial corrections such as typos and broken links)
Chore: update .html files for xslt/xml processing #3572<https://github.com/w3c/wcag/pull/3572>
How to participate in future task force work

  *   Attend Friday call<https://www.w3.org/events/meetings/385f6830-c5cf-4d9d-b479-75192aaeec03/20231201T110000/>
  *   Participate asynchronously in github discussions<https://github.com/w3c/wcag/discussions>
  *   Self-assign issues on the project board<https://github.com/orgs/w3c/projects/56/views/1>
  *   Subscribe to Listserv:  public-wcag2-issues@w3.org<mailto:public-wcag2-issues@w3.org>