Re: Suggested github housekeeping - stale branches

Just a reminder about this...I still see we have branches hanging about
that are 5-7 years old. I would hazard a guess that stuff in those
branches has either been dealt with (merged into main?) or just not
relevant anymore. It's a thankless task (I did do a little bit of
housekeeping on this a few years ago, trying to find branches that were
clearly left over from successful merges) for sure, but ... it would
really help with just being able to concentrate on the things that are
still active/being worked on.

On 15/09/2021 23:47, Patrick H. Lauke wrote:
> There are currently 297 branches on WCAG in github. A very large number
> of them stale, as they have either been closed, merged, or lay dormant
> and untouched for years.
>
> https://github.com/w3c/wcag/branches/stale
>
> Could I suggest deleting the ones that are merged/closed? And probably,
> as part of the merging process, deleting the related branches after
> merging?

Patrick H. Lauke

https://www.splintered.co.uk/ | https://github.com/patrickhlauke
https://flickr.com/photos/redux/ | https://www.deviantart.com/redux