Re: Ways to improve findability of surveys in email

In an effort to improve the accessibility of these emails:

>> The agenda *is* the links to the survey.

That is only clear to the individual writing the email, not to recipients.

In that email is this chunk:
> Agenda
> *         WCAG 2.2 Issues https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/wcag22-misc5/ <https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/wcag22-misc5/>
> *         WCAG 2.x backlog issues https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/wcag2x-backlog1/ <https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/wcag2x-backlog1/>
Nowhere is the word “survey" evident.

Agenda does not mean survey.

If there's a survey that you want people to respond to, the link(s) should be labeled survey. Here's how this information can be conveyed in a way that is clear:
> SURVEY:  WCAG 2.2 Issues https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/wcag22-misc5/ <https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/wcag22-misc5/>
> SURVEY:  WCAG 2.x backlog issues https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/wcag2x-backlog1/ <https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/wcag2x-backlog1/>
With the number of emails that busy people get on any given day, something as basic as not using language to describe something will make something obfuscated and non-apparent that action is required.

Look at all of the links in the original email, but look at that email from the viewpoint of somebody who wasn't writing it: it's a colossal mass of links without clear, definitive calls to action. What link is a survey, when none of them is labeled as being a survey?

Think further about people who rely on text to speech and dealing with emails that are very inaccessible in this way.

Thank you for reading.

Andrew Somers
Senior Color Science Researcher
Address redacted for list