Re: Wording of Notes on 4.1.1 Parsing for WCAG 2.0 & 2.1

Hi Alistair,

> In the meeting notes linked there was quite a bit of discussion about
whether to just state HTML only, or include other examples.

Yes, I read those. I just thought the mention of XML was left field and a
bit odd. As XML is not a UI language in web browsers, as far as I am aware,
it gets converted into HTML by browsers using the browsers XML parser.

> XML was thought to be a safe example to add because (as you pointed out)
everyone gets the error message, rather than the AT interrogating the
source code instead of the browser.

agreed, it still seems odd, I think I understand what the WG are trying to
get at. but think it would be more meaningful if the actual languages that
are used and parsed within a HTML document are mentioned (i.e. ARIA, SVG,
Mathml)