From: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
Date: Thursday, April 20, 2023 at 6:52 AM
To: WCAG list (w3c-wai-gl@w3.org) <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Pre-CFC - Focus Appearance and Target Size
Hi everyone, This is a pre-CFC for the changes to Focus Appearance and Target Size. We reviewed these in the last meeting, the PR is: https: //github. com/w3c/wcag/pull/3123/files Since the meeting, changes include: Adjusting the example in the
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an External Sender
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd
Hi everyone,

This is a pre-CFC for the changes to Focus Appearance and Target Size.

We reviewed these in the last meeting, the PR is:
https://github.com/w3c/wcag/pull/3123/files<https://github.com/w3c/wcag/pull/3123/files>

Since the meeting, changes include:

  *   Adjusting the example in the definition of perimeter to 2 CSS pixels. (It doesn’t affect the core meaning; it is helpful for people doing calculations for focus-appearance).
  *   Linking the target-size SC to minimum bounding box.

Reviewing it further, the definition for min-bounding box appears (to me) to work for both target-size and focus-appearance.

The second sentence about wrapping targets should not apply to target size because, by the definition of target, it is “a region” rather than multiple regions.
It should also not come up due to the inline exception.

Any concerns?

Kind regards,

-Alastair