Re: SC naming / positioning in WCAG 2.2

+1
Let’s just keep it in mind that we had this AGWG agreement to move Focus Visible to A. This return to AA in 2.2 does not negate that tactic, should we come up with a AA in the future.

From: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
Date: Thursday, April 6, 2023 at 4:42 PM
To: WCAG list (w3c-wai-gl@w3.org) <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] SC naming / positioning in WCAG 2.2
Hi everyone, There are a couple of minor tweaks that I think would be useful to include before the new CR. One is adjusting the name of Accessible Authentication (the AA version) to “Accessible Authentication (Minimum)”, as suggested here:
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an External Sender
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd
Hi everyone,

There are a couple of minor tweaks that I think would be useful to include before the new CR.

One is adjusting the name of Accessible Authentication (the AA version) to “Accessible Authentication (Minimum)”, as suggested here:
https://github.com/w3c/wcag/issues/3087<https://github.com/w3c/wcag/issues/3087>

PR here:
https://github.com/w3c/wcag/pull/3132<https://github.com/w3c/wcag/pull/3132>

Also, as we’re moving focus-appearance to AAA, we can move Focus Visible back to AA. That is included with the focus-appearance & target size updates in this PR:
https://github.com/w3c/wcag/pull/3123/files<https://github.com/w3c/wcag/pull/3123/files>

Any objections, please reply, otherwise this will come with the CFC for publication soon.

Kind regards,

-Alastair

--

@alastc / www.nomensa.com<http://www.nomensa.com>