Re: Getting mild normative changes in before 2.2 is finalised

Strong agreement to all Patrick’s responses on this. There is no better way
to seed confusion and argument than have useful information tucked away in
Errata. If there are changes between versions let the latest version
reflect those changes in the spec proper, not create 2 conflicting
statements.

On Thursday, 4 August 2022, Patrick H. Lauke <redux@splintered.co.uk> wrote:

> Also, mention of "dot release" is possibly misleading, considering that
> WCAG 3 (the next "full" release) is likely not to materialise for quite
> some time (sorry)...so leaving the word of the spec in a misleading/not
> quite accurate state seems rather counterproductive to me.

> --
> Patrick H. Lauke
>
> https://www.splintered.co.uk/ | https://github.com/patrickhlauke
> https://flickr.com/photos/redux/ | https://www.deviantart.com/redux