Re: SC 2.2.1 Extend (NOT Adjust!!) (Re: SC 2.2.1 Extend "at least ten times")

On 06/02/2020 15:39, David MacDonald wrote:

> The SC is a 6 bullet OR statement. The 2nd bullet allows just a one time
> extension of 10 times the default length.

No, it allows a one time *adjustment* before the time limit is even
encountered.

> The 3rd bullet allows type
> user to extend up to take an action to extend it 10 individual times. I
> think it's reasonably clear.

As this thread already shows, I'd say it isn't. Because particularly for
bullet 3, if you misunderstand what the "10 times" means, and you offer,
say, 5 chances where each chance is double the default length (so 10
times the default length overall) you may still think/read it as having
failed the normative requirement which talks about "10 times".

If it's truly mix and match, what matters is that the "10 times" refers
to the length, not the amount of individual instances you're allowing
that extension (which is what the current vague wording seems to suggest).

Patrick H. Lauke

https://www.splintered.co.uk/ | https://github.com/patrickhlauke
https://flickr.com/photos/redux/ | https://www.deviantart.com/redux