Re: SC 2.2.1 Extend (NOT Adjust!!) (Re: SC 2.2.1 Extend "at least ten times")

On 06/02/2020 10:15, David MacDonald wrote:

> I was present for all of the discussions around that Success Criteria
> when it was created back in about 2004. The intention was flexibility
> for the developer. The dev could provide one opportunity of 10 times the
> default amount of time, OR 10 opportunities to extend it by the default
> time OR any combination.

In that case, that is not reflected clearly at all in the normative wording.

"and the user is allowed to extend the time limit at least ten times"

should then really be changed to something more like

"and the user is allowed to extend the time limit *to* at least ten
times the length of the default setting"

and THEN clarify in understanding that this could be done in one
extension, or multiple cumulative extensions, or similar.

Would that be an editorial change? If that was the intent, and it's not
clearly worded, probably?

Patrick H. Lauke

https://www.splintered.co.uk/ | https://github.com/patrickhlauke
https://flickr.com/photos/redux/ | https://www.deviantart.com/redux