Re: Length of line

On 03/02/2017 14:22, Gregg C Vanderheiden wrote:
>> [Jason] I would interpret it as a user agent requirement
>> masquerading as a content requirement. It ought to be clarified to
>> state the circumstances under which the content author needs to
>> provide the mechanism, or dropped entirely.
>>
> I don’t see where you get that — it is an AUTHOR requirement that is
> future proofed to avoid the author having to solve the problem if
> browsers or AT can provide it without author action in the future

How would you interpret "If the user-agent fits the layout to the view
port, and does not provide a means of re-flowing content, then
two-dimensional scrolling is exempt." from the original proposed SC text
here https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues/57 ? It seems to exempt
authors in situations where the UA doesn't do what the SC is asking for,
unless I'm missing a nuance.

Patrick H. Lauke