Re: Font Family failure

The real problem is that WCAG 2 overlooked visual style as an important
accessibility support.

I caught that  problem last night. I stayed up late. Yes the narrow
solution will work for that case, but what about the code

<block-level-element> ...
</block-level-element>

Suppose these spans exist solely to provide visual presentation for private
reasons of the author. For example: Thing1 was an important sales offer and
Thing2 was a deadline. Moreover, suppose Thing1 was one font-family and
Thing2 was another. Your code fails. Probably poor design -just to staying
in font-family case.

block-level-element, block-level-element *  {font-family: zilch !important}

will set everything in block-level-element font-family = zilch.

What can the author do? A lot. There are other elements like, i, b, em,
strong etc. that indicate  presentation change. Use one of those. If block
level element is one of h1, ..., h6, use  role= 'heading' .

Jason, we probably need an ARIA role like "visual-style" to indicate that a
void element like <span> or <div> is just for presentation.

Wayne