Re: Length of line

What is your recommendation? Maybe 60 characters? Surely there are no words
in any language more than that, no?

In English,  antidisestablishmentarianism is the longest at 28 characters.

Here's a thought, give an exception (3) for words over 50 characters.

=============

For all visual presentation of text, a mechanism is available to adjust the
line length to a maximum of 50 characters without increasing the font in
the user agent, and without requiring two-dimensional scrolling, except
where:
(1) The user-agent provides no means of re-flowing content.
(2) The spatial layout of text is essential to its use.
(3) A word is longer than 50 characters.

Cheers,
David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*

Tel:  613.235.4902