Re: Should PDF documents have headers and footers on every page?

>>To clarify. I have been told by PDF/UA experts that to artifact a link
even in a footer would be a violation of PDF/UA.

7.18.5 requires links be marked up as a link element. Section 7.8 requires
all headers and footers be marked up as artifacts. So it appears PDF/UA
does not allow links in headers and footers.

>>Also an artifacted link would be an issue for a screen reader user as it
would produce a dead tab stop

True

I would like to try to gain consensus among us. I like Kirsten's failure
proposal and I think it is consistent with WCAG and is reasonably
compatible with PDF/UA.

Thoughts?

Cheers,

David MacDonald