Re: Proposed mobile techniques for SC 3.2

Hi

I think this is important

but I wonder about testability.
And I’m not sure how we would determine what these mean.

This is for CONTENT — and target size is determined by they hardware.
	e.g. the size of the button varies depending on whether it is displayed  on a    56 cm/23 inch  touch screen   or a 40cm/15.7in touchscreen   or a  10cm/4 inch screen

	In fact - what will fit on one screen would not on another

If the author has no control over what size screen it would be on  —  how do they follow this provision?

If these are just  “SHOULD” guidelines (advisory) then these are fine.  I don’t see a problem/question.

but if they are SHALL  then … don’t they have to be measurable?
— and don’t they need to apply  everywhere (all content)?

We need to think about being on the receiving end of these.  If someone requires US to follow them - and will not pay our salary (fee) if we don’t.
How will we know (and prove) that we have met them?

The question/concern is about about the Target Size/Spacing provision — but also for other ones as well.

So QUESTION:
Is this an advisory document (all "shoulds” )
or a conformance document  (you “Shall” do these or you don’t conform).
If it is ADVISORY
    -  then the   “are” in the provision below needs to be changed to   “should”   or “is best if”  or something like that.

If it is a CONFORMANCE type document
then we need to say exactly how large,   and say it in some measurable fashion that everyone would agree on whether it is met.
 “large enough” is not measurable.
“large enough to touch accurately”  is different for each person.  Which person is the “certified test measure person” ?
Ditto for “adequate"

gregg

Gregg Vanderheiden
gregg@raisingthefloor.org