Re: Review comments on PDF1

Comments below:

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 3:44 PM, Adam Solomon <adam.solomon2@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1.       Is the word “tabbable” in the test a real word? (I know jquery is
> using it as a selector)

Applying the Google-hits metric, it seems real enough. :-) Obvious
alternatives ("if it can be tabbed to" or "if you can tab to it") seem
awkward. The word is clear in this context so at the risk of sending
the English language farther down the road to ruin, I think it's OK.

> 2.       The test file contains a pdf and a word doc. The pdf seems to have
> the appropriate alt text (though I can only inspect it in adobe reader – it
> has a good tooltip). The word doc doesn’t seem to have the right alt text
> (at least not in the appropriate word 2007 properties dialog).

The files actually apply to examples 1 and 2 only, so the 2nd link is
misplaced. The idea is that the Word file can be used to generate a
PDF, and the alt text can be added in the ways described in examples 1
and 2 (using Pro tools). If this seems unclear/incorrect/inadequate,
let me know. What would you propose? Thx.

> 3.       PDF Reference 1.6, 10.8.2 Alternate Descriptions doesn’t open on my
> computer (though it might be a problem on my end – I’m not sure).

Later email noted the link works, this comment is irrelevant.

> Everything else is dandy.

Thanks.

Mary