Re: SCR21

Glad to see this being discussed as it's a topic of some confusion .   To
me, the intent of the guideline is to avoid non-DOM functions when adding
content to a page.  Hence, any use of document.write(), innerHTML,
outerHTML, innerText or outerText is non-WCAG 2.0 compliant.  The
guideline is likely to cause many Web applications/pages to to be
non-compliant as the use of document.write() and innerHTML are pervasive.

David Todd
IBM Human Ability & Accessibility Center