RE: Instant icon comprehension

My wife said it means "hand biters about".

Maybe the context was the cage of some rabid small furry animals

-----Original Message-----
From: "~:'' ありがとうございました。" [mailto:j.chetwynd@btinternet.com]
Sent: 18 March 2007 10:31
To: WCAG
Cc: David MacDonald; Slatin, John M; Sean Hayes; Hiroshi Kawamura; Hiroshi Kawamura; Loretta Guarino Reid; Sofia Celic; Jan Dekelver; Chuck Hitchcock; Gez Lemon; Clayton Lewis; Gian Sampson-Wild; Keith Smith; Roberto Scano; Stephen Shore; Nancy Ward; Paul Bowman; John Slatin; Elbert Johns; Gregg Vanderheiden; Michael Cooper; Judy Brewer; lisa Seeman
Subject: Instant icon comprehension

Instant icon comprehension

Yesterday I came across a sign, which may be of interest.

I wonder whether members can imagine the meaning and context.
instantly?

http://peepo.co.uk/temp/icon-test.jpg

More than one gloss was used.

best wishes

Jonathan Chetwynd
Accessibility Consultant on Learning Disabilities and the Internet

29 Crimsworth Road
SW8 4RJ

020 7978 1764

http://www.eas-i.co.uk