Re: Level change survey

Yes, this survey is intended as much to provoke discussion as
anything. I am frustrated that we are at the same point that we have
always been on this topic, and we need to close these issues, so this
is my attempt to call the question. I'm not sure I'm convinced by the
answers that I generated, but it was the best I could do based on my
memory and the information I had available.

I attempted to generate a separate survey item for each SC, except
where the comments seemed to have the inextricably combined and I
couldn't see a sensible way to generate separate responses.

This is not a multiple choice on levels because what we need most are
the rationales for the decision. So just indicating preferred levels
will not close these issues.

The basis for the decisions is the definitions of levels that we
approved as part of the conformance rework and for which we approved
the closing of all the issues asking for level definitions. Here is a
pointer to the new conformance section that contains these level
definition, which I'll also post to the list:

http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2007/01/conformance-revs.html

You should make your responses as long and as complex as needed. And
because of the complexity of these issues, I would expect to review
the results of each one, unanimous consent or not.

Loretta