Re: Heads up: please review these documents by end of Wednesday

Hi,

At 01:43 16/05/2007, you wrote:
>There are two documents that we would like the working group to
>review before they are publicly released this week:
>
>1) The discussion page for the alternate versions editorial note,
>available at
><http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2007/05/alternate-versions.html>http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/2007/05/alternate-versions.html

Another disadvantage of options 2 and 3 to users is that a web site
may have non-conforming pages both within and outside the scope of
the conformance claim. When a user lands on a non-conforming page
(via a forwarded URL or a WWW search, etcetera), it is completely
unpredictable whether an accessible alternative is available because
the user has no way to tell whether the URL he/she has landed on is
within or outside the scope of the claim. (Providing a conformance
claim is not required; when provided, it is not required that the
claim be reachable from every page covered by the claim.)

Best regards,

Christophe

--
Christophe Strobbe
K.U.Leuven - Departement of Electrical Engineering - Research Group