From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Bailey, Bruce
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 12:59 PM
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: RE: 1.1 level 3 SC

> Or do we want to use the same 'screenplay' at L3 as at L1 ?

I agree with John and Loretta that wording should be consistent between
levels.

> Since we have a strong text equivalent option for multimedia at 1.2 L1 -
do we really want a weak one at level 3 of 1.1?

How about requiring *both* Audio Description and full corrected screenplay
at level 3?

That is, for L1 the site has a choice of AD or screenplay.  For L3 claim,
site must provide both.  This way, providing the full corrected screenplay
does satisfy this particular SC at Triple A "for free".  If the site is
going for Triple A, they still have to do some extra work.

Is there a need to further qualify that some kinds of video don't really
benefit from Audio Description, and therefore AD is not required?  Is it
legitimate for a site with nothing but talking head type videos (captioned
of course) to claim they satisfy Level 1?  Or, since a talking head type
video gains little from audio description, *must* a site provide full
corrected screenplay to satisfy Level 1?